Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 03:36 AM

A Travel Map

A couple of days ago a UK friend of mine complained that she didn't really know where I had been on my trip round Australia (?).

Anyway I constructed a map which shows the route taken just for her (but you can have a peep too).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15e...1lAE123zn0NaFU

It doesn't show the side trips or places visited on the way but it does give an idea of place and distance if looked at in conjunction with the blog.

http://www.bcl.id.au/
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 05:57 AM

Re: A Travel Map

That was quite an expedition I remember Bruce, thanks for the map but the question is where do you go next year?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 06:16 AM

Hi

An amazing trip Bruce.

For a truly challenging journey may I suggest the M6 between Birmingham and Manchester at rush hour.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 06:23 AM

Reading your blog before was amazing Bruce but seeing it on the actual map now ..... I'm gobsmacked!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
That was quite an expedition I remember Bruce, thanks for the map but the question is where do you go next year?

Because of the cold I didn't visit SW WA so that is a possibility but in spring when the wild flowers bloom. I would return across the Nullarbor and come home via SW SA and Victoria.

I would also like to make a return trip to Uluru (Ayers Rock) again as well as a trip to Kings Canyon because it is several years since I last visited there.

When I went to Darwin and Kakadu last year it was my intention to travel back by the Oodnadatta Track but it rained and the route was closed so that is still somewhere I have yet to visit.

This coming November I am going on a short trip to Grafton, NSW and it's Jacaranda Festival followed by a brief excursion into New England and SE Qld.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

07-10-2017, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

An amazing trip Bruce.

For a truly challenging journey may I suggest the M6 between Birmingham and Manchester at rush hour.
I have been on that strip of road when I was in the UK a few years ago. My brother advised me to avoided travelling that section at lunch time which I did.(he lives in Macclesfield)

The one thing that amazed me was the way the three lanes of traffic came to a complete stop for no apparent reason. If that happens on an expressway here it is always because of an accident, bush fire or the road is being used by the rescue helicopter or flying doctor.

BTW I was driving my brother to Canberra last year when he visited and happened to complain about the amount traffic on the Hume Highway(on which we were driving). He snorted and pointed out that I had been on cruise control continuously for over an hour and a half and said that overtaking a few trucks on a multilane highway was not "traffic". He said he was lucky if he managed to use cruise control for a few minutes at a time. I shut up after that...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top