Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 04:14 PM

Re: A cashless society - the push for plastic

Hi

Cash is essential here, either cash or barter.

I picked up a small table and chairs for someone in the village today, her car is not big enough.

I was paid with an apple pie and some duck eggs.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Cash is essential here, either cash or barter.

I picked up a small table and chairs for someone in the village today, her car is not big enough.

I was paid with an apple pie and some duck eggs.
Eh? Then what on earth do you need cash for? No GST on barter either.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 09:58 AM

A drinks machine at work as now got a swipe ability installed on it,either with cards or your phone,its not the public demanding it,the companies are obviously pushing it.No need to have a kitty in the machine for change to be given,no one carrying the money to a bank.Its just a little step at the moment which inevitably will turn into a marathon.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
A drinks machine at work as now got a swipe ability installed on it,either with cards or your phone,its not the public demanding it,the companies are obviously pushing it.No need to have a kitty in the machine for change to be given,no one carrying the money to a bank.Its just a little step at the moment which inevitably will turn into a marathon.
Yes, I can see a lot of sense in that. I assume that the transactions are completely secure.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I can see a lot of sense in that. I assume that the transactions are completely secure.
Where there's money there's a con.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Where there's money there's a con.
Very true !

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top