Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 11:39 PM

Heating temperature:do you argue about it (split from old thread)

With another Winter on the way I thought it would be an idea to ask this question this year as well. Particularly as we have had a lot of new members to the forum.
I like it a bit warmer than my Wife does, so that can cause a bit of sort of quarrel on occasion.
Nothing to do with money mind, it's just that our body temps are obviously a bit different between us.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 12:51 AM

Re: Heating temperature:do you argue about it (split from old thread)

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No if it's cold during the day I put the heating on as he isn't here and in the evening when I am out he gets the control.

We have separate bedrooms so I can sleep in the Arctic and he can sleep on his tropical island. No arguments we just find a way to coexist.
That’s what happens here too. No point in arguing and one partner always being too hot or too cold. It helps though if you’ve got another room where you can be solitarily just the right temperature.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 05:15 AM

Co incidentally I was talking to my brother last night on the phone when this very subject came up. He said that working in an office with females was hell; all the women wanted one temperature, while the men wanted a different one and neither were happy with a compromise.

I have never worked in an office so I don't know much about it. I spent over 30 years working in various powerhouses, steelworks and blower stations where the temperature varied from 25°C to 50°C. The latter was a bit hot but 30 is quite bearable.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 08:25 AM

The heating is only on for an hour in the morning and two at night, right now I’m sat here feeling hardly able to breathe, the heat is what woke me

We have mums needs to consider as well as our own, hence the hearing is even on

I have the rads in our sitting room and bedroom turned off and on frost settings in the spare rooms. If we do get feeling cold we either light a fire or get a lap blanket depending on time of day. Mr missy does tend to over Stoke a fire though, would put you out the room it gets so hot
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 08:34 AM

I am always baffled why if the heating is set to 21 why is it that 21 feels cold on some days and hot on others? Surely 21 is 21 whatever?

I never heat the bedrooms I like to snuggle in the duvet.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 08:44 AM

Heating , I don't use mine very often but stick on thicker tights and an extra jumper when it is cold.

I grew up in a house with ice on the inside of the windows and a loo half a mile up the garden, a bit of cold comes naturally to me
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Heating , I don't use mine very often but stick on thicker tights and an extra jumper when it is cold.

I grew up in a house with ice on the inside of the windows and a loo half a mile up the garden, a bit of cold comes naturally to me
I more or less grew up in a similar situation Meg but with the loo out in the yard. I must admit having the luxury of central heating one can totally control is very nice though.
This ground floor apartment is so insulated and cozy it keeps ever so warm, and we haven't even had to put the heating on yet.

PS.
Thank you for doing the splits for me Meg.
I noticed you have looked after me you know since the 'return'!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 09:07 AM

Same here, I bet most people our age lived in similar situations, I remember when we got an inside loo.....luxury
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 09:12 AM

It's not something we've argued about but a while ago when I started menopause my husband with no fuss simply moved into the other bedroom, I have my room like the artic, he is cocooned in warmth.

In the living room we have a few blankets lovely fluffy soft snugly blankets, anyone too cold snuggles in one of them.

Our heating usually goes on for Christmas just low so January and February we don't suffer too much.

My husband put a bathroom heater in the bathroom, so if it's too cold to expose our bits when we shower we can have a blast of that. But whoa betide anyone leaves it on, it's a hanging offence here ! Gallows already set up for first one forgets to switch it off.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 09:57 AM

I like my lounge at 21 , my friends and family always say it's too warm . Ive always been a coldie . I always take a jacket when visiting friends homes in case they are cold .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top