Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 10:09 AM

Re: The Airport Experience. Love it or Hate it?

I think the selling of alcohol at airports should be banned.Would then stop alcohol fuelled passangers trying to get on aircraft. if they want to drink then go to a bar at the destination not at the shops at the airport
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 10:19 AM

Brize Norton was nice, the departure point for many sandy places, hundreds of green clad passengers making sheep noises just to annoy the RAF. Happy days.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 11:43 AM

I don't like airports at all and we always manage to arrive early and spend ages waiting around. In recent years we've always used Doncaster Robin Hood, a very small airport but you don't have all the walking. Manchester is horrendous!
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Brize Norton was nice, the departure point for many sandy places, hundreds of green clad passengers making sheep noises just to annoy the RAF. Happy days.
You mean they had planes THEN!!!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
You mean they had planes THEN!!!
Hell yes, biplanes. State of the art
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 01:07 PM

Gatwick is hell on earth IMO If I'm going to London I'd rather fly into Heathrow or Luton then Gatwick

Best airport for quirkiness was Skiathos. It was so tiny that you were dropped at the taverna across the runway and when you saw your flight land, you made your way to the terminal, incoming downstairs, out going upstairs - security- duty free- embark

Belfast city is terrible, international just slightly better. Both tiny, over priced with just the one shop to dander about

Barcelona I like. It's miles long and lots of shops to pass the time in

As a whole I get very stressed in airports, always too busy and too hot. And as a pretty frequent flyer, who packs light, I do tend to foot tap at those who wait till the last minute at security to remove shoes, belts, etc and have all the wrong things in their hand luggage

I like to get their early, grab my sandwich and drink for the plane then go sit in a quiet spot with a coffee or wine and immerse myself in something online
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 02:30 PM

Hi

Four of the ten worst airports are apparently here in the UK.

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...-a7786991.html

I am surprised to see Dubai so badly rated, I have never had a bad experience there.

I have never done short haul from Manchester, however I loathe it for Long Haul.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 02:40 PM

Hate it .....

Just too many people around me for comfort .....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 03:42 PM

Anyone been to Schiphol air port Amsterdam to change planes? it is that big it is at least half an hour walk from one side to the other. Not only that you can't even do it air side, you have to go through customs on the way out to the other tereminal and through customs again to go through customs at the other.
Also top top that you have to also go through two xray machine on the transfer from one to another.

Something we had to do twice on our China trip
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 06:30 PM

Trouble is you want to catch a plane an airport it is.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top