Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 05:40 PM

Re: Teaching Brexit

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Correct.

Interesting how the Commie Marxist turds are trying their best to stop this investigative process. Some desperation there I sense. If it were up to UJ we'd be strung up for daring to even question if universities had been indoctrinating students. I think George Orwell pretty much described UJ's desired world in his book.

Roll on the investigation. I hope they name and shame the professors and lecturers who have so flagrantly abused their positions and maybe a few will be reprimanded.
As opposed to your extremely unbiased ideas?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 07:57 PM

I was under the impression that universities had intellectual freedom - something the scumbag 'nasty party' don't like and now want to try and control.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I was under the impression that universities had intellectual freedom
No-one has "freedom" to indoctrinate young people. Naturally your commie tendencies would lead to you wishing very much that you could indoctrinate them at will. Shame on you.

Teachers in all walks of life have a responsibility, a duty of care. They must NOT abuse their positions by selectively indoctrinating students towards their own political or philosophical preferences. They must be objective and mete out an objective syllabus.

Like I said. Roll on the investigation.

There's little doubt that a great deal of EU skulduggery has taken place via University propaganda and indoctrination. It must be stamped out and the perpetrators brought to justice.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 09:18 PM

It's no wonder young students love the EU. They're being indoctrinated

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ng-indoctrina/

. . .

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world...-out-1.2609547

"Woolfe warned against indoctrinating students about the merits of the European Union.

“Having lost the argument that the EU has benefits to the young – youth unemployment is more than 35 per cent in most member states – the EU’s response is to ensure greater propaganda,” he told the chamber."

Brussels accused of INDOCTRINATING children with pro-EU classroom programme

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...-keith-redmond

"A Dublin think-tank has launched a furious attack on the bloc, which it claims is carrying out “insidious propaganda” on thousands of the country’s children"

"Keith Redmond, co-founder of the Hibernia Forum think tank, told Express.co.uk the classes were a blatant attempt by Brussels to create a generation of Europhiles"

etc etc

Then there is this:

Subversion by the Frankfurt School and Common Purpose

https://www.federaljack.com/ebooks/e...subversion.htm
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Teachers in all walks of life have a responsibility, a duty of care. They must NOT abuse their positions by selectively indoctrinating students towards their own political or philosophical preferences. They must be objective and mete out an objective syllabus.
Unless, of course, one teaches in a single faith school (that one's just for Muddy, for old time's sake)

As for objective syllabus...there in lies the problem. Sometimes the syllabus is far from objective. Things I've been told to teach in the past include a clearly biased one sided account which stated that global warming was 100% accurate and no other view was to be permitted nor open to discussion.

A particularly bright student wrote a piece of coursework for his General Studies which took an alternative view. It was well argued, used a variety of sources etc and was well worthy of an A/A* grade. The exam board awarded him a grade C because it didn't tow the political line.

Alas, I've been our of the game for a couple of years or so and can no longer quote specific exam questions as I no longer have to read and mark old practice papers (feel free to shoot me down here, accordingly), but even some maths GCSE questions had a political bent at times.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 09:13 AM

Individual Ministers on a personal crusade should not go around meddling with University education. It's not their place. Given the sensitivity of feeling about Brexit, perhaps he should have checked with the PM first? Totally short-sighted move on his behalf. If he was doing personal "research" as now claimed then he shouldn't be using his parliamentary seat for that.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 09:27 AM

If some of our posters had their way, we would be burning books next. No names.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
If some of our posters had their way, we would be burning books next. No names.
We may have to in the future to keep warm.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I was under the impression that universities had intellectual freedom - something the scumbag 'nasty party' don't like and now want to try and control.
But that's just it we want our kids exposed to all ideas and allowed to make their own political decision, not brainwashed by one side or the other. It would be just as wrong to have a purely brexit teaching style too. Freedom of thought is vital IMO
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 10:54 AM

How can a learning institution tell students it makes sense when it's illogical human behaviour? Maybe one day they will teach it on psychology courses under "mass delusion".

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top