Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 12:00 PM

Re: Teaching Brexit

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Now who is the one with a crystal ball? The economy is a moving feast. Business requires certainty. The government is not providing certainty. They are afraid to publish facts from their scoping exercise because it will spook business. Business has no patriotic ties. They go where it's best to trade.

I've no doubt the 'facts' or predictions ( therefore not facts) of this scoping report will be that it is mostly full of pretty boring statistical gumpf that the vast majority of people don't give two hoots about. Business will be far less spooked than you hope due to the fact Britain will still be a great place to do business post Brexit, despite your best efforts to convince us otherwise.

Obviously anyone who visits another country is subject to the law of the land. But I was talking about the rights of people who have lived here for years. They didn't bother getting citizenship because they didn't need to under the legal system we currently have. Rights to work, rights to free services, rights to stay here etc. It's ridiculous that people who have married Brits and had kids are having their status questioned suddenly. Letters going out from the home office etc. Absolutely unacceptable.

Foreign workers are protected by British law the same as the rest of us. You agree that's perfectly acceptable.
You want the Home Office to stop doing its job? I can't agree with you on that

So you think whatever political party we have in power at any time should dictate to the universities what to teach?
No, you are being typically disingenuous by telling me what I think when I have explained perfectly intelligibly what my position is. I want Universities to be balanced, non-political, less indoctrinating and focussed on providing a valuable education....They are far from that at present as explained!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 09:39 PM

Re: Teaching Brexit

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The point is, Remainers are guilty of making definitive statements, claims and predictions of impending disaster which is crystal ball gazing of the worst and most disingenuous kind.
Why do they do it?........Because they want the Brexit negotiations to fail and the UK to suffer..That's what they want just so their ego's don't have to suffer the ignominy of being on the wrong side of the Brexit argument and the wrong side of history;Not realising Leavers are more concerned about the completion of the divorce proceedings and not concerned about being a few pennies worse off.
Indeed they are and, despite their predictions continually being proven to be false, they continue to make their unfounded threats.

Just to put things into perspective, and demonstrate one of many positive predictions based on evidence, I came across this article today:

http://www.westmonster.com/london-re...her-country-1/

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top