Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 12:44 PM

Just had my wrist plastered for the 3rd time

After being told ,by the 111 phone service, that I couldn't have broken my wrist, if I could make a fist, a week later my doctor sent me for an x-ray....and I had broken it.

Apparently I had partially dislocated the bone and caused it to split, so they put a half cast on it till I could see the surgeon as I may have needed an operation to repair it.

A week later I saw the surgeon, who said I could manage without the op and, after having another Xray, they put me into one of the newer Fibro plaster bandages. It was a blue one, and needed to be on for at least 4 weeks.

Three weeks later the back of my hand was feeling like it was being constantly rubbed with sandpaper, so they asked me to go back to the fracture clinic. It seems that the padding had been flattened and was rubbing the skin... so they asked the surgeon if it could be replaced with a splint. He said "No, the break was too serious to take any risks.... so I now have a new, bright pink, Fibro plaster..... and have to go back next week!

This injury has been such a nuisance, I am beginning to wonder why men ever consider playing sports where these injuries are common?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 12:50 PM

Re: Just had my wrist plastered for the 3rd time

Twink, I hope this one is more comfortable for you.
How long this time? I thought you were hoping to get it taken of early November?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 12:52 PM

I was only thinking about you last week , wondering how you were getting on with the break and if you had the op .
I hope this time the cast doesnt cause you any problems and it mends well.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I was only thinking about you last week , wondering how you were getting on with the break and if you had the op .
I hope this time the cast doesnt cause you any problems and it mends well.
Thanks Eliza, I have had a few problems but it is a lot less painful now and I am almost managing without painkillers now!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Twink, I hope this one is more comfortable for you.
How long this time? I thought you were hoping to get it taken of early November?
I still go back on 2nd Nov and still hope they will remove it for good but it depends what the surgeon says. The nurse said I may need a wrist splint, but hopefully it will just be physio exercises.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Thanks Eliza, I have had a few problems but it is a lot less painful now and I am almost managing without painkillers now!

I still go back on 2nd Nov and still hope they will remove it for good but it depends what the surgeon says. The nurse said I may need a wrist splint, but hopefully it will just be physio exercises.

It must feel like it's been ages Twink.
Soon be over now.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 01:15 PM

Poor Twink, my very best wishes to you.
X
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

26-10-2017, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It must feel like it's been ages Twink.
Soon be over now.
The worse thing is not being able to eat meals with a knife and fork! All my dinners have to be cut into bite size pieces... and I have to use a spoon to eat stew or peas!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 01:32 PM

What a long drawn out treatment Twink, it must be awful trying to cope with one hand .

I do hope you get the plaster off next week and everything can get back to normal for you..
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

26-10-2017, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
What a long drawn out treatment Twink, it must be awful trying to cope with one hand .

I do hope you get the plaster off next week and everything can get back to normal for you..
My arm looks like a scaly alien's Meg.... but I refuse to let illness beat me, so I will be back to normal soon!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
My arm looks like a scaly alien's Meg.... but I refuse to let illness beat me, so I will be back to normal soon!
Hi

Good for you Twink.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top