Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 11:46 PM

Perianal Abscess

Anyone ever had one, I did circa 1978, Ouch, sorted itself out, it wasn't till tonight I discovered that it wasn't a pre-anal abscess.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 11:55 PM

Re: Perianal Abscess

October 1975 I went to stay in a cottage in Somerset for a romantic week with my partner. He developed an anal abscess which became a fistula and was whisked off to hospital in Exeter.
I spent most of my time trudging miles through the rain to the nearest telephone box to talk to him.

He had to drive home sitting on a rubber ring.
Suehebbs
Athens Greece
Suehebbs is female 

05-11-2017, 09:23 AM

Nasty things they are, they're usually caused by in growing hairs, I think. They also tend to recur if not thoroughly sorted out.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 01:14 PM

Very painful affliction - long distance cyclists can be prone to them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 02:48 PM

All sounds very painful, thankfully not something I have any experience of. I feel for anyone that has though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Anyone ever had one, I did circa 1978, Ouch, sorted itself out, it wasn't till tonight I discovered that it wasn't a pre-anal abscess.
Are you sure it's not an annual rather than a perennial?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 08:06 PM

In for a penny, in for a pound. If we're talking about things 'down below' I developed a Bartholin's cyst, which was extremely painful and quite large.

Fast forward to the funny side.
My GP said to have a hot bath 3 times a day. I was working and rented a flat. You had to shove a shilling in the meter for hot water.
Erm..... bright idea. I bought a washing up bowl and used to fill that just enough to cover the area. Imagine me sitting on the floor in a washing up bowl watching TV

I worked at the Australian Centre and one day (don't know how many days I did the washing-up bowl bit) climbing up the stairs, it burst. All this liquid ran down my legs
I went to the boss (who was a great bloke) and asked if I could please go home for a bath... he hollered with laughter at the state of me and told me to go home
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
In for a penny, in for a pound. If we're talking about things 'down below' I developed a Bartholin's cyst, which was extremely painful and quite large.

Fast forward to the funny side.
My GP said to have a hot bath 3 times a day. I was working and rented a flat. You had to shove a shilling in the meter for hot water.
Erm..... bright idea. I bought a washing up bowl and used to fill that just enough to cover the area. Imagine me sitting on the floor in a washing up bowl watching TV

I worked at the Australian Centre and one day (don't know how many days I did the washing-up bowl bit) climbing up the stairs, it burst. All this liquid ran down my legs
I went to the boss (who was a great bloke) and asked if I could please go home for a bath... he hollered with laughter at the state of me and told me to go home
Just trying to picture it. Are you saying you were climbing the stairs with a washing up bowl strapped to your maximus?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just trying to picture it. Are you saying you were climbing the stairs with a washing up bowl strapped to your maximus?
What's maximus?

The w/up bowl ritual was in the flat.... the walking upstairs and it popping was at work.

Capiche?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-11-2017, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
What's maximus?

The w/up ritual was in the flat.... the walking upstairs and it popping was at work.

Capiche?
The largest muscle in your body... so I'm told.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top