Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 11:31 AM

Re: The EU Will Collapse Without OUR Money!

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I am very happy for the congregation of the church of Brexit but I could swear in the midst of that you blew a raspberry at me!

Congregation of the Church of Brexit eh! Annie.
I like it!
Gather around all ye faithful flock.
The Brexit door is now wide open for us to walk through towards the shining light of freedom from the costly shackles of the EU.

Regarding the raspberry I blew from my rear end at you Annie.
I really must apologise.
It was the Vindaloo Curry I had earlier which caused it!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 11:47 AM

I am getting so wound up here!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...lyNews_Express

The angry backlash against a massive divorce bill was fueled by European Commission’s chief negotiator Michel Barnier yesterday, who said Britain could have no access to single market benefits and British banks could not have any passporting rights.

The insult to Britain came as the Prime Minister chaired a meeting of her Brexit “war cabinet” to discuss increasing the offer to the EU with pro-Remain Chancellor Philip Hammond said to be pushing for a £36 billion divorce bill.

Mr Barnier’s words has strengthened that hand of pro-Brexit MPs who argue that there is no point in trying to get a deal with the EU.

Last night senior Tory MPs were lining up to warn Mrs May that she needs to quit the talks and prepare for World Trade Organisation rules which will hurt the EU more than Britain and mean Brussels “will not get a penny” from Britain.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 12:01 PM

These amounts all seem very suspicious to me when you get a bill it's usually eg £150,999 or similar very rarely exactly £150,000 or £151,000 so how come the amounts are exactly on the dot.

Also when do we get what we have paid in for ? Buildings etc

Something odd about it all.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 12:13 PM

It's not Barnier who's winding me up, he's just a toss-pot mouthpiece for the real narcissistic EU Junta.

He can't help being toss-pot, he was born that way; it's Teresa May that's upsetting me for putting up with these tantrums.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 07:16 PM

Hi

I cannot see the EU folding any time soon, Brexit is not even big news over there, we are leaving and that is that.

The EU Budget is about 1% of EU GDP, so quite manageable, they could recover the money quite easily by just giving us a Canada style deal and excluding services, taking our biggest exports off us.

Their argument is quite simple, we are the ones who said Brexit means Brexit and we are leaving the Single Market.

That Single Market is the bit we trade services under.

We triggered Article 50, set a date for leaving, the two years, and then went back and asked for a 2 year transition.

A Transition Period means still paying in and still having free movement.

This was not a very sensible thing to do.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I cannot see the EU folding any time soon, Brexit is not even big news over there, we are leaving and that is that.

The EU Budget is about 1% of EU GDP, so quite manageable, they could recover the money quite easily by just giving us a Canada style deal and excluding services, taking our biggest exports off us.

Their argument is quite simple, we are the ones who said Brexit means Brexit and we are leaving the Single Market.

That Single Market is the bit we trade services under.

We triggered Article 50, set a date for leaving, the two years, and then went back and asked for a 2 year transition.

A Transition Period means still paying in and still having free movement.

This was not a very sensible thing to do.
Why do you always endorse the EU's and Re mainers' standpoint?

You mock your own claim of being a Leave supporter.

It matters not if we lose a few EU institutions ( inevitable!) or a few banks open offices in the EU as per their exclusivist closed shop trading arrangements.

Ultimately we are leaving . Brexit means Brexit. No EU Single Market, No transition and no settlement fee....It all sounds perfectly positive and fine to me. I don't know why you worry so much.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

It matters not if we lose a few EU institutions ( inevitable!) or a few banks open offices in the EU as per their exclusivist closed shop trading arrangements.

Ultimately we are leaving . Brexit means Brexit. No EU Single Market, No transition and no settlement fee....It all sounds perfectly positive and fine to me. I don't know why you worry so much.
Round of applause for Moscow.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 10:36 PM

Although I respect SF's knowledge and opinions, I agree with you.

Despite all the warnings we have received since we first voted to leave the EU, the UK doesn't seem to be suffering. If anything, things are looking up according to unbiased news reports.

I think our worst enemies are our feeble politicians who are still discussing how much to pay the EU. As JRM (along with others) has pointed out, we owe them nothing. Moreover, none of the monetary demands they have made have been justified by them. They seem to be just pulling numbers out of thin air.

The trouble with May is that we just don't know which way she is going to turn. Her oft repeated 'Brexit means Brexit' and 'No deal is better than a bad deal' remain to be supported by any action on her part.

I sincerely hope that she is doing what she's doing in order to prove to her critics that she has tried all reasonable approaches to making some headway with the EU negotiators, before announcing that we are walking away without a deal and without paying any ransom demands.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 11:25 PM

Hi

There is a world of difference of being in favour of leaving and being stupid about it.

Our Politicians have been negligent throughout this entire process.

It was perfectly within our rights to agree the process for Article 50 before we triggered it.

In not doing so we agreed the EU tactic of pay up first.

Secondly after we pushed the trigger we then went back and asked for a transition period.

This allowed them to screw us for more money, not a good idea.

There has to be a sense of realism.

We have been seriously let down by our politicians.

We are now faced with paying billions more than we had to simply because we are still not ready to leave.

I find this unacceptable.

As regards the few banks statement, this is somewhat wide of the mark.

Services cover a huge range, not just Banking and the tax we could lose is important.

It is simply my view that so far our Politicians have been as useless at leaving as they were when we were in the EU.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-11-2017, 10:51 AM

I have a feeling we will leave with no agreement, tbh it would be best. If Eu can't be sensible then best we just go. It will hurt them as much as us but they have only their selves to blame.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top