Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 07:22 AM

Re: the search for a miracle cure

I'm so pleased for your daughter Surfermom I hope she continues to thrive. As you say scientific miracles happen everyday.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think I need to investigate further before I will be convinced.
That is, imo, the 100% correct response.

Go investigate, happy reading, and come back with questions later
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
You see, I am a reluctant, self-educated expert of sorts having spent most of the last five years at one of the top autoimmune centers in the U.S. and in the hospitals of several major universities. I've spent most every hour of the last five years searching for a diagnosis and treatment protocal for my daughter as she spiraled into a nearly fatal and catastrophic decline from a rare form of autoimmune encephalitis. When you live in a hospital, you learn that miracles are all around you - in the form of extraordinarily knowlegeable people doing extraordinary work, resilent children, and unrelenting parents. What you also learn is that there is no stone being unturned in brainstorming, head scratching, theorizing and testing what it is that's being missed.

What is exciting is that what is being missed is becoming less so; in the last few years there has been an almost exponential understanding of the autoimmune processes that cause antibodies and signaling to go haywire, which in turn cause tissue inflammation and cell destruction (brain, heart, joint, pancreas etc.). Just in the last decade, for example, a dozen or more new treatments (like monoclonal antibodies) have been made available that essentially bind to different elements in the immune system, shutting down aberrant antibodies that continually attack healthy cells or stimulate damaging inflammation.

After months of hard-to-peg diagnoses, and a systematic (though often failed) protocol of treatement, my daughter's diagnoses were narrowed on a cellular level which made it clear that a treatment that was used for other disease might just be the answer to what was missing for her. In only a matter of weeks, she started to recover (about the time I joined this forum) from a nearly vegetative state - not eating, walking, or speaking - to being healthy and nearly normal to the point that she will be starting college in January. Now that's a miracle - thanks to pure science and effort.

What's even better is that the mechanisms behind these treatments are now being theorized and tested to treat and possibly cure several classes of cancers. This whole class of treatments may be the answer to what has been missing for many hopeful cancer patients as well.

We live in remarkable times.
Hi SM so pleased to hear your daughter has recovered from her illness.

I am aware the latest focus among many doctors and scientists is 'inflammation' . Although a necessary part of our body's healing system it is thought to be a contributory factor if not responsible for many conditions from heart disease to cancer in some people.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
With all due respect to Realist, whom I respect for being so well-read (and I join in having studied several), these cures or secrets to longer life aren't miracles or hidden messges waiting to be decoded in the texts and practices hidden in the Tao te Ching, the texts of the Brotherhood of the Rosey Crown, The Book of the Dead, The Bible or any other important or sacred writings. What is missing - is knowledge that is just around the corner in being discovered through scientific endeavors, and the collaborative, published research of dedicated scientists and physicians around the world.
Thanks for your post Surfermom.

It's fantastic that your daughter has made such progress.

It's also great that you have acquired (I guess no choice really) the determination and tenacity to go and do all the research you have done to find out possible protoclols for her.

Putting her specific case aside, I have some points regarding your wider comments where you suggest :

a) You don't think the "Stone" exists at this point and
b) You think leading science may/will uncover it
c) You think all will be well from the point they do

The knowledge of the Stone has been recorded for 1000s of years. So it is nothing new whatsoever. And when we say recorded, we don't mean that stories have mentioned it in passing like say the story of Jack and The Beanstalk mentions a golden harp or goose that lays golden eggs.
The references in the 1000s of works make absolutely clearthat it exists and then outline the processes for creating it, albeit very cryptically so that only the initiated or well versed could ever unpick it all.

If we are to put any belief in the Bible at all, then we can only rationally conclude that those Biblical characters all had the Stone for there is no other rational explanation for the things that occured. People can not cross a desert without food and water or some other form of energy intake.
Jesus could not survive 40 days/nights in the wilderness with no food/water nor could he survive the extreme temperatures both hot and cold. Neither could he have healed leapers, blind men, cripples and so on.
Similarly, Noah could not have lived 900+ years, nor Methusela, nor Moses or any of the others.

So, given all the complex references that exist, including 100s that explain the processes, I personally conclude that the Stone DOES already exist and has done for 1000s of years.

On item b) there is no need for "science" here. That is, because it is not man that creates the Stone but rather Nature. Man (i.e. the alchemist) does nothing himself except provide the perfect conditions/environmant for the Stone to be made, he provides the clean flasks, hermetically seals them, applies regulated warm temperature etc but over the course of the 2 to 3 years he just sits there whilst Nature does its thing. This is absolutely no different to the man that digs his land, applies some fertiliser and plants some vegetables. The rest of the time he sits back whilst the wonders of Nature unfold and he reaps a boutiful harvest of veg.

Equally the fairer sex amongst us, after providing the initial conditions (getting pregnant!) merely carry on with life whilst Nature does its thing and grows a new human inside her.

Science can attempt to understand what goes on. But crucially, we must concede that we (humans) are not the architects here. It is Nature not us.

And even more crucially we must realise that every man and woman has absolutely no need to be a scientist to make a baby. They need not have done one iota of research, they need not have any idea what stem cells are, what embryos are, they just perform "the act" and 9 months later a baby appears.

So it is with the Stone. Science may if it chooses attempt to try and unpick and understand what goes on. But it is not needed. Nature will continue to do what she does regardless. So, in this respect, NO, I do not believe that we are waiting for advances in science in the least. Any man or woman could very easily perform the actions/activities needed to create the Stone without ever understanding how the substances turn from one thing to another.

Unfortunately what they would need is a full and accurate set of instructions and a set of the equipment needed which includes alembics, flasks, retorts, electric water bath and so on.

It is interesting to note that such equipment ought to be the most simple of things to find and yet I invite people to go Google "alembics" and see how many hits they get to companies that will sell you one. Interesting how few (if any at all!) there are in this modern age. Interpret that how you wish but for me it is clear "they" don't want people to have an easy time of it.

Onto that thiurd point c). I truly believe that the Pharmaceutical industry is largely wicked, evil and obsessed with power money and greed. I have seen enough and read enough to satisfy myself that it exists solely to invent "cures" and treatments that they can charge $billions for even if those cures are bogus (as in flu vaccines). Not only that but they are prepared to embark on planned "Campaigns of Fear" to literally frighten people into taking their products which in itself is wholly wicked.

This industry has no vested interest at all in finding great natural cures. The "Stone" were it to be released into society would bankrupt the Big Pharma industry overnight, quite literally. You must realise this. It would also bankrupt lots of other industries too and of course this is what those who jealously guard it, fear. It would see a complete revolution of the human race. No sickness, so no medical industry (as such), no money, not much food/drink industries, industries world wide grinding to a halt.

On the plus side there would be no poverty, no suffering. Everyone would be perfectly healthy and set to live many 100s of years in perfect health rather than suffering decrepitude and late years with awful quality of life.

I tend to think that ultimately, someone, somewhere will release the Stone to the rest and possibly that has already begun to happen.

With the world the way it is, with covert government operatives, assassins etc one would be very unwise at this point to claim that they actually HAD been successful in making the Stone. They would surely be whisked away very quickly.

In summary then:

a) I don't believe we are waiting for science or anyone else to discover the Stone. It already exists and has done for 1000s of years but is guarded by a very select few.

b) I don't think science will add anything to the proceedings as scientific knowledge is not required to create it, no more than scientific knowledge is needed to create a baby. The Stone is available to men and women of all races, creeds, abilities and backgrounds.

c) Big Pharma and science would not reveal the Stone to society. They would keep it for themselves and keep the rest of us enslaved, sick, and dependent on their snake oil products. There is just too much money involved.

I believe it is vital that we search for and find the Stone either by making it ourselves or finding a friend who has already done so. I believe that the "elite" are going to cull the populations of the world through various means including the continuing purposefully generated "natural catastrophes" like earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricances and so on. They have the weapons to generate these things. They will also use biological weapons as I am sure they are already doing. Cancer is a prime weapon and a massive multi $billion industry. This is how these people operate. They deal in things that dumb people will happily dismiss as just "acts of nature" so they don't point the finger of blame to anyone.

Only those with the Stone will ultimately survive the great catastrophes to come.

ATB
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 07:45 PM

I'm convinced that dieting and exercise in a short time span (6 months) going from 13 Stone 3 to under 10 Stone caused my Hodgkin's Lymphoma, although it could have been a virus I caught due to the exercise.

There is so much we don't know for sure.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 06:29 AM

Realist, thank you for your kind comments regarding my daughter. I am always open to ideas and am interested in yours, as you seem to have put a great deal of reading and contemplation into you stance.

I tend not to take a stance on things that are unproven as they are just that, but I do tend to be a critical reader, and as such am not inclined to believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible and most other ancient texts. That said, I would be the last person to begrudge people their own interpretations.

As for the "stone" I used that metaphor a bit too loosely. It's more like grains of sand of which there are billions, and it has literally taken thousands (or more) to save my daughter - and each of them was the result of a systematic effort to develop an understanding of the body and effective treatments.

As for Big Pharma, I have a love/hate feeling towards them, and I have had to look at my ethics up close and painfully when it came to my daughter's treatment.

I value your contributions, Realist. In the end, what we believe in or don't believe in doesn't change what is true. We just get up and do the best we can to discover that truth every day.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi SM so pleased to hear your daughter has recovered from her illness.

I am aware the latest focus among many doctors and scientists is 'inflammation' . Although a necessary part of our body's healing system it is thought to be a contributory factor if not responsible for many conditions from heart disease to cancer in some people.

Thank you, Meg. Yes, we are learning that while inflammation is critical in maintaining our health, gone haywire it can be disatrous.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

28-11-2017, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm convinced that dieting and exercise in a short time span (6 months) going from 13 Stone 3 to under 10 Stone caused my Hodgkin's Lymphoma, although it could have been a virus I caught due to the exercise.

There is so much we don't know for sure.
You most likely had a genetic predisposition to the Hodgkins, and yes, the virus would be the most likely trigger. I know that viruses can make people more susceptible to this form of cancer. I am genuinely interested...what mechanism in your weight loss to you think my trigger this cancer.

I hope you are fully recovered!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 07:39 AM

Hi

The most important thing about science is not what we know, but rather what we do not know.

Research is incredibly important, and in particular the use of new techniques in one field that can have applications in others.

An example of this is real time x raying of chemical reactions, first developed for materials technology, it is finding applications in medical research.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 10:23 PM

Well I think that the most important thing in science is not what we don't know but what we already know but have not applied to what we need to understand. So many discoveries are people randomly making a connection between two discrete areas of research.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top