Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 07:30 AM

Re: Roman Empire

Yes, it is a series. 6 episodes in all, which have been completed and are currently available on Netflix. I found that once I clicked on "Roman Empire" all 6 episodes played automatically, one after another.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
It is currently available on Netflix.
I cannot use Netflix. Do you know if it will come out on DVD?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I cannot use Netflix. Do you know if it will come out on DVD?
Sorry, Tabby. I have no idea. But, as Netflix owns the exclusive licensing rights, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, it is a series. 6 episodes in all, which have been completed and are currently available on Netflix. I found that once I clicked on "Roman Empire" all 6 episodes played automatically, one after another.
Is "Roman Empire" the actual title I had a look on line to download it but couldn't find it at all.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
"Marcus Aurelius and his son Commodus"!

Poor lad! Fancy calling your son Commodus!

Of course, it didn't have the same connotations then as it does now.
Commodus did a lot of thinking whilst sat on the trap, hence the name
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Commodus did a lot of thinking whilst sat on the trap, hence the name
Yes, I do that.

Usually, I do a crossword, though. I can multi-task, you know.
bakerman
Mexico

27-11-2017, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Is "Roman Empire" the actual title I had a look on line to download it but couldn't find it at all.
I am not sure how these things work but it may not be listed "on-line" because it was produced by Netflix and shown only on Netflix.

And, yes, "Roman Empire" is the actual title. However each separate episode does have an episode name in addition to the main title.

That would be similar to the TV series, Star Trek: The Next Generation having individual episode names.

This is beginning to sound like an advertisement for Netflix. That was not my intention, although I do enjoy Netflix. In the States, Netflix only costs $6/month for the "single screen" option.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 07:11 AM

I will watch it Bakerman, thanks for the tip
bakerman
Mexico

27-11-2017, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I will watch it Bakerman, thanks for the tip
You are quite welcome.
Franbern
London
Franbern is female  Franbern has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 05:29 PM

Always wondered how someone like Marcus Aurelius had a son like Commodus. Didn't he even try to change the name of Rome?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top