Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 07:45 PM

Witnesses: A Frozen Death.......on Saturday, BBC4.

Has anyone watched this sub-titled French new series? I thought it seems like a really good series.

Fifteen dead men, all smartly dressed and frozen are found inside a bus.

A very attractive lady detective investigates!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 12:16 AM

Re: Witnesses: A Frozen Death.......on Saturday, BBC4.

Not for me Art, I can't get on with sub-titles.
Hope you enjoy it though.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 12:33 AM

Yes, I watched it and thought it was quite good, apart from the unnecessary complication that the main detective has to drag her kids round with her

I've watched several foreign thrillers on BBC4 on Saturday nights - Danish, Swedish, French, Canadian and others, and enjoyed them all except Spanish, I just couldn't take to those
I don't mind subtitles at all.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 12:01 PM

Watched it last night.
Brilliant!
Knew I'd seen the first series when they showed those beach huts at the start...
Subtitles rock!!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 08:15 PM

This is just to add my embarrassment that I've just begun a separate thread on this
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 02:13 PM

It was so good that I had to watch 3 episodes back-to-back .....

Mainly because it was so macabre but without being ghoulish .....

All the usual suspects for "noir" - attractive maverick detective with personal problems and aging car puts herself at personal risk in the search for psychotic murderer(s) .....

It's made with great skill and performances, though, so it's way above average .....

A couple of things I noticed, however:

Sandra always wears the same clothes, occasionally smokes and (apparently) only rarely takes a shower, since she smelt of a perfume days after she put a "dab" on - c'est tres francaise ..... (Gallic shrug)

Also, at one stage, she had a particularly hefty pistol bursting out from under that incredibly skinny leather jacket (which she can barely zip up) - surely something a little more discreet would have been appropriate .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 01:09 PM

Oh dear, it's got so bad I can't watch any more .....

Sandra is taken off the case but joins up with runaway Catherine then commits burglary, car theft, kidnap and torture (to name a few of her crimes) .....

What a let-down .....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

13-12-2017, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Oh dear, it's got so bad I can't watch any more .....

Sandra is taken off the case but joins up with runaway Catherine then commits burglary, car theft, kidnap and torture (to name a few of her crimes) .....

What a let-down .....
You can't get this far and not see it to the end??!!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

13-12-2017, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
You can't get this far and not see it to the end??!!!
I may record it and fast-forward it to the integral parts of the "so-called" plot - if I could find a summary on the internet then I'd read that instead .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

17-12-2017, 07:59 PM

Well, I tried record and fast forward for half an hour but even then I couldn't ignore the gaping holes in the "plot".

The strange behaviour of Geir Jansen seems to go unnoticed by all around him. Twice he just happened to be in uniform on the scene of a crime investigation involving him and commandeered a jeep for his own nefarious purposes without any apparent permission to leave or use said vehicle.

His huge white van must have been used dozens of time for the transport of bodies to and from his (unusually smart) house on an estate, yet neighbours had not noticed or reported odd goings-on.

As for 3 women wandering around for days in the same clothes (and sleeping in them, too) without needing food, water and a toilet .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top