Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 12:55 PM

Re: Coastal railways with Julie Walters

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Am I the only person left on the planet that hasn’t done a documentary on the bloody railways?
I don't care how many people do this kind of show Rehab.
Bring them on.
They sure beat most of the rap that's on TV nowadays!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
We have recorded this program so as to watch this evening, and are looking forward to it. Any of that type of program we love, as you guys do I guess.
Been watching Chris Tarrant: Extreme Railway Journeys which is on Channel 5 this evening at 9.00PM.
And of course all Michael Portillow railway programs are a must watch as well!
Id love to be his traveling companion on a Train journey ..
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 01:46 PM

I don't care how many people do this kind of show Rehab.
Bring them on.
They sure beat most of the rap that's on TV nowadays!
They are kind of repetitive, and so wrong...empty seats...lovely stations..great scenery..trains on time...
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 01:57 PM

We have recorded this program so as to watch this evening, and are looking forward to it. Any of that type of program we love, as you guys do I guess.
Been watching Chris Tarrant: Extreme Railway Journeys which is on Channel 5 this evening at 9.00PM.
And of course all Michael Portillow railway programs are a must watch as well!
Don't think Tarrant is up to the job - he doesn't appear to be very enthusiastic about it. Contrast that with Pete Waterman and his love of trains and the Michael Portillo's laid back and interesting presentation.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 02:06 PM

I thought the programme was interesting but I do wish programmes like this would concentrate more on the towns, villages and the countryside rather than individuals. How many times have we seen herring being smoked. They didn't even show Fort William where the journey began. I will still watch the next one though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Did you do the Train journey MrO?

Im looking forward to next weeks episode .
We are booked to spend ten days in the Highlands next year (Fort William). It was our first holiday together 25 years ago so it will be interesting to see how much things have changed.

I have seen the steam train as we were driving along and would love to do it but I think it only operates at certain times of the year (not when we will be there).
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We are booked to spend ten days in the Highlands next year (Fort William). It was our first holiday together 25 years ago so it will be interesting to see how much things have changed.

I have seen the steam train as we were driving along and would love to do it but I think it only operates at certain times of the year (not when we will be there).
That's a shame LD,.Ive not been to Highlands in Twenty years too ,that was a spur of a moment visit ,if I do go again I will plan it so i can go on the Train .
I hope you and Mrs LD have a lovely visit next year..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

27-11-2017, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
That's a shame LD,.Ive not been to Highlands in Twenty years too ,that was a spur of a moment visit ,if I do go again I will plan it so i can go on the Train .
I hope you and Mrs LD have a lovely visit next year..
Thanks Eliza. You will no doubt agree that whatever they show on TV, it's only a fraction of the beauty of the Highlands. You think the scenery can't get any better until you drive around the next bend and there's another spectacular view.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

27-11-2017, 04:57 PM

Ive been looking this afternoon and found this, also to mis the midges is to go in Spring , June on wards seems like its the midges breeding season and they need the blood in the bites

http://www.westcoastrailways.co.uk/j...eam-train.cfm#

2018 Season
Fort William To Mallaig Return
Easter Service:
Friday 30th March to Friday 6th April 2018
Morning Service:
The Jacobite runs from Monday 9th April to Friday 26th October 2018 (Monday to Friday). Saturday and Sunday from Saturday 2nd June to Sunday 30th September 2018.
Afternoon Service:
The trip runs from Monday 14th May to Friday 14th September 2018 (Monday to Friday). Saturday and Sunday from Saturday 16th June to Sunday 2nd September 2018.

Times
Morning Service Afternoon Service
Dep. Fort William 10:15 14:30
Arr. Mallaig 12:25 16:29
Dep. Mallaig 14:10 18:38
Arr. Fort William 16:00 20:31

Fares
1st Class Standard
Adult Day Return £59.00 £35.00
Adult Single £54.00 £30.00
Child Day Return £32.00 £20.00
Child Single £27.00 £18.00
Private table for two £121.00

Discounts are available to groups of 10 or more please call 0844 850 3137
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

28-11-2017, 01:01 PM

Thanks Eliza.

I must have read it wrong as it seems it runs during my dates. It's quite expensive for two but a great experience.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top