Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 02:10 AM

Re: Brexit a view from abroad.

Hi

There is nothing at all in any EU Agreement which prevents us from starting negotiations with other Countries on Trade Agreements which we can then implement on the day we leave.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There is nothing at all in any EU Agreement which prevents us from starting negotiations with other Countries on Trade Agreements which we can then implement on the day we leave.
This probably true but trade agreements take a lot longer than two years to negotiate. It took Australia and the EU two years of negotiation just to start trade talks, I think these negotiations on average take between 4 and 6 years to reach a conclusion and even then one party can stuff it all up eg the TPP.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Perhaps you should point the finger of accusation at yourself Moscow.
Ich verstehe nicht, was du damit meinst !!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
This probably true but trade agreements take a lot longer than two years to negotiate. It took Australia and the EU two years of negotiation just to start trade talks, I think these negotiations on average take between 4 and 6 years to reach a conclusion and even then one party can stuff it all up eg the TPP.

Hi

I know that Bruce, however others seem to think that they can be done very quickly and that the EU is preventing the UK from even starting discussions until after we have left.

This is not the case, but there we go.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-11-2017, 12:09 PM

Hi

A much increased offer to the EU, ten's of billions more according to the Press.

This includes the cost of the Transition Period we have asked for, two years of paying in but getting nothing back as we want to use that time to get ourselves sorted.

Very clever, not.

If we had got going we could have delayed leaving until 2020, owing nothing for the current EU Budget Round we signed up for, no need for any transition and everything ready for WTO Rules and Immigration Control.

Ireland could have got lost as well.

I am utterly amazed that some still think these idiots have done a good job.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 04:09 PM

I totally agree.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-11-2017, 06:01 PM

Hi

Changing times.

Quotes from Boris.

We can have our cake and eat it.

They can go whistle .

Today.

Getting the ship off the rocks.

The man is an idiot.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 06:15 PM

I've just read that MayDay has just offered them 50 billion?

Is this right?
God .. I despair, I really do.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 09:23 PM

Well you didn't want HS2 anyway..... some politico said it's worth it for the Brexit cause
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-11-2017, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I've just read that MayDay has just offered them 50 billion?

Is this right?
God .. I despair, I really do.
Hi

May gave the job of planning Brexit to 4 arch Brexiteers.

Davis, Gove, Fox and Boris.

So far they have made a complete mess of it.

It is our money they are playing with, not their own.

My biggest worry is that when it is all over and people realise how much it has cost and how little has been of the promises made, then there will be a backlash, and that will mean Corbyn getting in.

The much vaunted taking back control of our Borders system is still being scoped out.

It will be years after March 2019 before it is operational.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top