Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 06:47 PM

Re: I hope alarm bells shouldn't be ringing!

I agree with Mups Jazzi. I don´t recall any of the puppies we have had having loose stools, unless they had upset tummies. House training can often take some time, you just need lots of patience..and disinfectant. Luckily one of us has always been around to open a door and run outside when the puppies have wanted to wee or poo, you soon get to know the signs. ChoCho, for example, would start running round in a small circle, so out she went. These days she comes to tell us when she wants to go.

You will get there, don´t worry, but I would take her to the Vet re the loose stools.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 08:12 PM

When our cat was seriously ill my ex fed him chicken breast that had been cooked in water. Not boiled as it destroys the vitamins and also not served straight from the fridge. I believe that chicken is easily digested and is good for everyone.
Both my first dog when married and my sons dog a couple of years ago both suffered from terrible loose bowels but we think it could have been anything from stress to changes in diet etc.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 10:00 PM

Trainer tonight suggested a (probiotic) yogurt. And bonjela for their mouthing/chewing (teething).
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 10:19 PM

How old is she again?
They don't start teething till between 4 - 5 months.
She won't be teething at 8 weeks.

If it's any help, these people do excellent probiotics, and really nice people to deal with. They've also got a sale on at the mo.

http://www.lintbells.com/catalogsear...0&q=probiotics

My vet told me with 'Live' yogs, there is so little probiotic in them that they would have to eat a bucket full to get the same benefit as one concentrated pill. You could squash it to a powder between two teaspoons and either tip it onto her tongue or sprinkle it over her breakfast perhaps?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 10:25 PM

a teething time line Jaz ,From 6/8 weeks on

https://www.thespruce.com/puppy-teething-2804965
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 10:38 PM

Sorry, don't agree with that, Eliza.
I have never, ever seen a puppy losing its milk teeth at 8 weeks, unless I have misunderstood the article?
Think I'd best keep me nose out now.

Puppies begin to lose their baby teeth at 4 months of age

Since puppies are so slick about dropping their teeth and growing in their more ferocious permanent fangs, it is hard to really be sure when do puppies lose their baby teeth. The average is about 4 month of age, that sweet and terrible age when puppies begin acting like petulant adolescents with all the knowledge in the world living with the world’s stupidest humans. The basic range, however depending on the dog’s size and breed, runs between 3 and 6 months of age, with a few stubborn breeds holding onto those baby teeth into the seventh and eighth months.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 04:50 AM

Did I mention he suggested bonjela? When I asked when to start he said now!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Did I mention he suggested bonjela? When I asked when to start he said now!
I wouldn't bother with it. Puppies need to chew as it helps the permanent teeth come through and it is satisfying for the pup to chew and crunch down on things - Pups are learning to chew and get through more substantial foodstuff. At this age they are also developing bite inhibition, which is a most important thing for pups to learn and they should be encouraged to learn this. IMO they need to "feel" their teeth to learn this and they enjoy a good chew and are experimenting with new textures and tastes. I don't think we should use anything which numbs or reduces the need to do this. Teething is not a long process anyway.

I also agree with Mups. The adult teeth do not come through at 8 weeks. They are in the gums "waiting" but are not usually through the gums at 8 weeks. The adult teeth push the baby teeth out over a period of weeks. This is why pups need to chew - it helps the process and is healthy for a pup.

Whilst I am posting I do not think it is "normal" for a pup to be very loose for long and, unless there has been a change of food or an introduction of something different (even a relatively small quantity) I think I would be concerned and get along to the vet. Giardia is very common in pups and can be difficult to get rid of.

Just to finish - I don't think Beta is a very good food. Eventually I would change to something of better quality - but do it very gradually over a period of 2-3 weeks. Could I ask is your puppy on 4 small meals a day Jazzi?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

02-12-2017, 06:19 AM

Beta is the most expensive! I Was shocked. Yes she is on 4 small meals, 80-100 grams, weighed out every day.

I started giving her small amounts of plain yogurt, which she liked (yeuk), and have to say her stool firmed up (but only just), when I cleared her mess up an hour ago. As per normal routine, I am sitting here in the dark, with tv on, to settle her.

I will cancel that 10am runaround I'd arranged for her, as I need to get myself to an emergency appointment in the morning (phone at 8, to a surgery just up the road) for my diarrhoea, and nausea. Taking a fair few Immodiums.

I will beg for ABs, like last time, but will state I have a new puppy and I ended up in hospital because my last attack went on untreated. Just taken an anti nausea tablet.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 06:32 AM

I agree with Mups
Puppies should not have runny stools for this long .
Something in the kibble may be upsetting her
Boiled rice and a little cooked meat is a good idea until her stomach settles .
also pedialyte for dehydration.
Don't waste money on bongela this is nothing to do with teeth.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top