Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 07:27 PM

Re: just too much - pleading charities

I have so much stuff coming through the door everyday it's rediculous most of its goes on the fire now .
I do give to various children's charities i just wish they would not harass me forever afterwards.
The Salvation Army especially do so much good so I don't mind them .
However I am much affected by the poor donkeys so will add the Brooke hospital to the list this year.
I also give to two other small animal charities that I know are run by devoted volunteers.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 07:45 PM

They do not say how much goes into administration costs
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 07:50 PM

Well somone has to administer the big charities .
Who will do it for nothing ?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 10:17 PM

I only give to two charities and they are The Salvation Army and the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, Oh, and Over Fifties Forum, all the rest can do one with their emotional blackmail.....Humbug.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 11:41 PM

They are a pain in the rear. Has nobody ever told them that Christmas is probably the most inconvenient time of the year to give to charities, due to expense.

I threw a wobbler the other day. We had Black Friday and Cyber Monday somewhere along the line, then came Giving Tuesday. Who has heard of that and where has it come from ? USA I suspect, but all the charities were begging and sending even the old age pensioner on a guilt trip.

I decided that F@**off Wednesday was as good as any , particularly at this time of year.

Some are heartless in their approach and can have the reverse affect as already stated by others on here.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have so much stuff coming through the door everyday it's rediculous most of its goes on the fire now .
I do give to various children's charities i just wish they would not harass me forever afterwards.
The Salvation Army especially do so much good so I don't mind them .
However I am much affected by the poor donkeys so will add the Brooke hospital to the list this year.
I also give to two other small animal charities that I know are run by devoted volunteers.

Me too, Muddy. I've always loved donkeys, and give to the Donkey Sanctuary in Devon.

https://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 01:55 AM

The TV ads are a bleedin' nuisance, especially the Water Aid ones. I ask myself why do families need to send a six year old kid dozens of miles every day for a bucket of water? Why don't they just move nearer to the water supply?
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 08:44 AM

[QUOTE why is it being shown over and over , it's getting to me lately .[/QUOTE]

Why? Take a guess. I can't watch animal cruelty appeals, I feel physically sick for the rest of the day.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The TV ads are a bleedin' nuisance, especially the Water Aid ones. I ask myself why do families need to send a six year old kid dozens of miles every day for a bucket of water? Why don't they just move nearer to the water supply?
I have always wondered,why they don't dig there own wells,
what do the blokes do all day?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 08:58 AM

I agree with much of the above; it's best to give locally.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top