Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 09:02 PM

Nhs

NHS, it seems in this area almost impossible to get help if you feel ill. A week ago I rang my GPs surgery just before 8.30am for a Dr appointment,it took a time to get through [ engaged]but got through just after that time,only yo be told there was no appointments available,ring back at 1pm,this I did only to be told again there were no appts, available,but got one for the next day.On Saturday,feeling ill,sick & dizzy, I rang 111 about 5pm,I was told, after a series of questions,to go to Hospital immediately,I explaied I did not have transport,so I was told someone would ring me back, they did ,another series of questions,I said I didnt want to go to Hospital so was told again someone would ring back,by now it was 6,45 pm ,I was told a Dr would come but it could be up to 6 hours later.I protested but told they were very bust & would come as soon as poss.Dr finally cmae 19.15pm,he checked me then said just to continue taking anti biotics & eye drops Id been prescribed ,if I got worse ring 999 for an ambulance!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 09:36 PM

Re: Nhs

Ring 999, don't take a chance.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 09:58 PM

I think most of the GPs are like this nowdays.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
NHS, it seems in this area almost impossible to get help if you feel ill. A week ago I rang my GPs surgery just before 8.30am for a Dr appointment,it took a time to get through [ engaged]but got through just after that time,only yo be told there was no appointments available,ring back at 1pm,this I did only to be told again there were no appts, available,but got one for the next day.On Saturday,feeling ill,sick & dizzy, I rang 111 about 5pm,I was told, after a series of questions,to go to Hospital immediately,I explaied I did not have transport,so I was told someone would ring me back, they did ,another series of questions,I said I didnt want to go to Hospital so was told again someone would ring back,by now it was 6,45 pm ,I was told a Dr would come but it could be up to 6 hours later.I protested but told they were very bust & would come as soon as poss.Dr finally cmae 19.15pm,he checked me then said just to continue taking anti biotics & eye drops Id been prescribed ,if I got worse ring 999 for an ambulance!
I honestly think you did very well with that.
5pm rung 111, Doctor CAME to see you 7.15 pm I think that is very good , especially on a saturday. I would consider that you had exceptional treatment .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->

I agree, susie. It's the same here.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Which is why so many seem to go to Casualty as a more reliable alternative.

Of course, Casualty waiting times are usually so long, but what choice do we have?

Either sit at home hoping against hope, or sit in a Casualty department until they have time to see you. At least the latter have a triage system, so if your need is urgent you'll be seen quickly.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 08:05 PM

Norway Dr didnt come untll 10.10pm,not at 7 15 ,then only stayed a short time ,On hind sight I wish I had gone to A&E, as said at least there was someone to cal if I felt worse
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 08:09 PM

My doctors are very good; if I ring at 8am I can usually get to see one that morning.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 10:32 PM

This is a plan to privatise health care.
The NHS is skint yet every five minutes they advertise on TV they can deliver your repeat prescription for free by mail.
Wonder who is paying for that ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
This is a plan to privatise health care.
The NHS is skint yet every five minutes they advertise on TV they can deliver your repeat prescription for free by mail.
Wonder who is paying for that ?
The NHS is skint largely because we take care of the world, or at least everyone who comes here for free health care.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top