Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 10:34 PM

Re: Nhs

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Norway Dr didnt come untll 10.10pm,not at 7 15 ,then only stayed a short time ,On hind sight I wish I had gone to A&E, as said at least there was someone to cal if I felt worse
Sorry about that , but you said 19.15 which is 7 15 .
10.10 is 22.10.

Doesnt matter as long as you got treatment and are o k now
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 01:48 AM

Pffft the nhs isn't skint because of Johnny Foreigners but because of cuts vs increased demand domestically (which is partly down to even more cuts to social care). They have to fund new treatments with less money. Meanwhile we have just committed to pay about a third of the annual budget to the EU. Plus the 3bn for brexit negotiation contingency.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Pffft the nhs isn't skint because of Johnny Foreigners but because of cuts vs increased demand domestically (which is partly down to even more cuts to social care). They have to fund new treatments with less money. Meanwhile we have just committed to pay about a third of the annual budget to the EU. Plus the 3bn for brexit negotiation contingency.
So increased demand is not down to a larger population caused by more people from abroad coming to live here?
And the governments obsession with paying large benefits to families with more children?

I suggest that it is not down to a single thing, but an accumulation of all these things Annie....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So increased demand is not down to a larger population caused by more people from abroad coming to live here?
And the governments obsession with paying large benefits to families with more children?

I suggest that it is not down to a single thing, but an accumulation of all these things Annie....
No because most of these people are young and healthy. We have a lot of baby boomers getting to an age where they get expensive conditions.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
No because most of these people are young and healthy. We have a lot of baby boomers getting to an age where they get expensive conditions.....
So these young healthy foreigners don't have babies (Maternity Services) or need dentists, or opticians, or don't have accidents or injury Annie....

I don't know what it's like where you live but visit the Doncaster Royal Infirmary any day, or especially Saturday night, and you'd be hard pushed to hear an English accent, and that includes the staff.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

11-12-2017, 03:20 PM

So these young healthy foreigners don't have babies (Maternity Services) or need dentists, or opticians, or don't have accidents or injury Annie....

I don't know what it's like where you live but visit the Doncaster Royal Infirmary any day, or especially Saturday night, and you'd be hard pushed to hear an English accent, and that includes the staff.....
Dentists and opticians aren't free. Yes some have babies. Yes they may have accidents. But it is cancer and old age that have the high costs.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 08:49 PM

Unfortunately the NHS wastes a lot of money,they do noteven ask for crutches/walking sticks back when loaned to a patient, its said they dont want them back,its unhygenic Few patients seem to wear their own night clothes in hospital,its all provided for them.When I was last in hospital I was given clean night clothes daily,also a towel & soap,even though I had my own things with me.I know this is meant to be hygenic but I see patients walking around the hospital corridors & ofteh in the grounds smoking
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 09:41 PM

Most healthy young foreigners are the sort of people that get off their butts and on their bikes to better their lives by earning more money.....here.
The also incidentally pay taxes.................or should do.
Visit the Doncaster Job centre and try the same accent test.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-12-2017, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Most healthy young foreigners are the sort of people that get off their butts and on their bikes to better their lives by earning more money.....here.
The also incidentally pay taxes.................or should do.
Visit the Doncaster Job centre and try the same accent test.
So why don't all these healthy young foreigners stay at home and make their own country successful?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
All those foreigners queuing up off the boats ?
That's it the ones with strings of onions round their necks!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top