Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 04:52 PM

Re: Snow on the way.

Can you believe even we have snow warnings! Alicante has already had some snow. None here but itīs certainly gone cold, my fingers have gone white
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 04:56 PM

Being smart just cost me...

We have our first snowfall watch for tonight. This part of Florida only sees snow about once every 15 years.

Here comes the drama....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
First snow where my parents live: A dusting of snow with school and road closures, warnings blaring across media and on television. People warned to stay inside, get supplies, ensure they have heat.

Final snow of the season: Blizzard with sustained gale force winds, ten inches, on the ground for weeks, schools and business are open...it's just like another summer day:

Scroll down and press play on the video:
https://www.rt.com/news/410782-siber...izzard-school/

Been there, done that. Was in Bratsk in January 1983 - temperature down to -47oC but with wind chill actually down to -60oC+.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 05:14 PM

I wonder if there will be Panic buying , I hope not ...
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
I live half way down a steep hill,on a blind bend,,,,the salt is at the top and bottom,none at all on the bend
I live in a cul-de-sac (quite a large one) with houses all the way up the hill, and I am near the top. No-one can get up this road if there is any ice/snow and everyone leave their cars at the bottom on the road. I have never ever seen a gritter doing our road, and even the bin men dont come. Being an optimist however, I have put my bin out this evening.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 06:40 PM

Hi

I am in a very rural area, so the County Council uses the local farmers to keep the roads clear, essential to keep the milk tankers going.

The gritters only go as far as the village fire station, about 500 yards away.

Apart from Prees Bank, which is an horrendous hill, we manage quite well with up to around 4 inches.

When I was working, half an inch used to bring things to a halt in the town I worked in.

Here, everybody mucks in to clear the paths, much more community spirit in a village than a town.

It really is like stepping back in time.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 06:50 PM

That was how it was when I lived in the North of Scotland, everyone helped everyone else and the shop keepers would clear the paths on their entire frontage. Here, no-one gives a jot.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 07:48 AM

Apparently we are due to be 'sunny' until Sunday - then snow - then back to rain on Monday and the rest of the week!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 08:03 AM

Hi

We have snow, not a lot so far, but falling and sticking.

I need the Op on my ear, I do so hope it is not cancelled, it has spread to my eye.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 08:12 AM

I'm sitting here smiling at you folks!
But I have to be fair, there are different types of snow.
You're probably getting that heavy, wet stuff, which is slippery. Even us old seasoned northerners don't like that.
Be careful out there. Be safe.

The latest snowfall from last week.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top