Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 11:01 PM

Re: jerusalem

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Quick bit of correct info as you've been misinformed.. Judd was right.
Malmesbury was never the capital of England .. though it is the oldest borough in England and was the King of Wessex's stomping ground. Much like Tamworth was capital of the Kings of Mercia.
A profusion of regional capitals in the absence of one unified nation.

Sounds ironically fitting given the mess in the ME doesn't it.
Where's the Palestinian capital going to be then I wonder.
I'd always had Winchester in mind as the olde worlde capital.... But my point (which I hope was understood) is that the past is the past and should stay in that other world we no longer inhabit.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 11:11 PM

Your point was understood

I'm waiting for Trump to tell Putin his capital's not Moscow ..it's changed to St Petersburg.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'd always had Winchester in mind as the olde worlde capital.... But my point (which I hope was understood) is that the past is the past and should stay in that other world we no longer inhabit.
Your point is rubbish and shows a complete and utter lack of understanding.

Why bother posting when you know so little about a particular issue.

The USA pledged over a decade ago to move it's embassy to Jerusalem.....Other countries will soon follow.

Israel regards Jerusalem as its capital city and there is no peace solution out there that can not recognise and accommodate that.

The Palestinians/Arab Muslims have no intention of making peace with Israel and the USA and Israel know that so have moved to a position of what is the point of pretending otherwise.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 11:21 PM

Yes but other countries are not following Moscow. They are condemning the move. The US embassy is still in Tel Aviv. Here is the link to their site :

https://il.usembassy.gov/

Israel regards a lot of areas as its property but we are not living in biblical times. There is a certain point at which they need to be happy with what they have and not rub salt in the wound by overstepping invisible boundaries.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Your point is rubbish and shows a complete and utter lack of understanding.

Why bother posting when you know so little about a particular issue.

The USA pledged over a decade ago to move it's embassy to Jerusalem.....Other countries will soon follow.

Israel regards Jerusalem as its capital city and there is no peace solution out there that can not recognise and accommodate that.

The Palestinians/Arab Muslims have no intention of making peace with Israel and the USA and Israel know that so have moved to a position of what is the point of pretending otherwise.
You're forgetting one thing ...

Isn't the USA also presenting itself as an impartial broker in the Israeli/Palestinian peace negotiations?
In anyone's language that's
Israel 1
Palestinians 0

Actually you're forgetting two.
Moving the embassy was a pre-election campaign pledge wasn't it? Every now and then he's got to be seen to be throwing his supporters at home a bone so they chew on that instead of him.

Meddling in foreign policy .. always a sign of trouble at home. He's finally learning and adopting politicians evasion tactics.

Meanwhile .. anyone heard of any other world leaders rushing to support Trump? Except Israel.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

07-12-2017, 11:24 PM

Distraction technique
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

07-12-2017, 11:27 PM

Springs to mind doesn't it.

He's like a see-saw ... N Korea on one end and the ME on the other. One day he'll bounce too hard on one end.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes but other countries are not following Moscow. They are condemning the move. The US embassy is still in Tel Aviv. Here is the link to their site :

https://il.usembassy.gov/

Israel regards a lot of areas as its property but we are not living in biblical times. There is a certain point at which they need to be happy with what they have and not rub salt in the wound by overstepping invisible boundaries.
THe physical moving of the Embassy will not be done for a few years.

Israel is a biblical country and many Evangelical Christians in the USA have a very Zionist christianity and it's to this constituency, and the Jewish lobby in the USA that Trump is pandering. So far from a foreign policy distraction it is in fact very much a Homeland issue.

Like I said, You seem to know very little about his motivations for doing this and have reverted to your safe IsraelBad /TrumpBad commentary.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

07-12-2017, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
THe physical moving of the Embassy will not be done for a few years.

Israel is a biblical country and many Evangelical Christians in the USA have a very Zionist christianity and it's to this constituency, and the Jewish lobby in the USA that Trump is pandering. So far from a foreign policy distraction it is in fact very much a Homeland issue.

Like I said, You seem to know very little about his motivations for doing this and have reverted to your safe IsraelBad /TrumpBad commentary.
Nowt to do with "Israel bad/trump bad" blahdom. But he's pretty transparent in any event.

It's not a "biblical country" - there is no such thing. It was an ancient kingdom but now it's a new nation created in 1948 in the same area that was at different times held by Egypt and Rome. You could say we should recreate Abyssinia or the Roman Empire or any number of ancient boundaries and you'd have the same problems.

The young Israeli State should draw a line under the past and maintain the status quo. It has always had a problem doing so. They were nearly sited in Brazil, would the same be happening there?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

07-12-2017, 11:57 PM

Lol by the way at "for a few years"! After all, haven't they been saying that "for a few years"?!!

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top