Join for free
Page 7 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:44 AM

Re: jerusalem

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm in awe of Jordan they have done so much for refugees in the region.
They have indeed and they are financed by the UK .
The Uk has given £1 billion to the Syrian crisis details below .

https://blogs.savethechildren.org.uk...-refugee-camp/
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why should it ?
It's doesn't belong to all nations it belongs to Israel .
Israel who gives freedom to ALL religions as well as the Jewish one .
When Jordan held East Jerusalem Jews were forbidden to go to the western wall the most holy place in Judaism .
If they want to make it their capital and it is to all effects the spiritual heart of Israel why should they not?
To appease a few terrorists ?
As for moving the US Enbassy there the US already has a consulate in West Jerusalem only has to change the name on the door to Embassy .
It appears Trump has now decided to do what Clinton and Obama didn't .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 11:46 AM

Why should it ?
It's doesn't belong to all nations it belongs to Israel .
Israel who gives freedom to ALL religions as well as the Jewish one .
When Jordan held East Jerusalem Jews were forbidden to go to the western wall the most holy place in Judaism .
If they want to make it their capital and it is to all effects the spiritual heart of Israel why should they not?
To appease a few terrorists ?
As for moving the US Enbassy there the US already has a consulate in West Jerusalem only has to change the name on the door to Embassy .
It appears Trump has now decided to do what Clinton and Obama didn't .
I agree. On the same basis, why shouldn't Mecca or Medina be made a free city admissible to all muslims, Jews and Christians?

No worries, though. It's just that at the moment it is trendy amongst the snowflakes and students that muslims = good and Jews = bad. They are, after all, so very easily influenced by their pop singer idols and others with an axe to grind.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 01:36 PM

Mecca? Medina? I think you're getting confused with your history. Again.

I don't think anyone takes the view Muslims = good ... Jews = bad.
Bearing in mind that Jerusalem was originally the Canaanites, not the Jews. They conquered it by right of arms ..war. So a comparison to modern day terrorism kind of loses it's punch.
The Jews disregarded their own original Mount where God told them to site their spiritual home and main site of worship.

Aside from that ... the whole Middle East does belong to both Muslims and Jews.
Same tribe, still fighting, so to simplify it to one tribe has more claim is a bit of a trendy view in itself ..based on Israeli propaganda and some people basically disliking some Muslims and their global terrorism, whereas this issue of Jerusalem and the Middle East is actually their own ball game in their own ball park and really none of the Wests business so Trump is nothing more than a mouth piece, an agitator and provocateur.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 01:40 PM

Very true morti, two wrongs just simply don't make a right. I no more support Muslim only areas than I do Jewish ones.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2018, 01:41 PM

They will make the move ( several countries including the USA have their consulates there already
The threats from the Palestinian leaders is meaningless .
The peace process is dead in the ground anyway due to their intransigence
Appeasing those who threaten violence only encourages it.
The more concessions are offered, the more the Palestinians believe that greater violence will deliver them final victory. That’s why the Oslo-process offer of a Palestine state led to the Second Intifada; that’s why the expulsion of Israeli residents from Gaza led to the all-out rocket onslaught against civilians in southern Israel.
The reason violence against Israel never stops is that its Arab perpetrators know the West will always take the side of the suposed underdog against Israel
Britain and the rest of Europe need to man up and recognise Jerusalem as Israel’s capital thereby showing that the threat of violence no longer has any power to make the West roll over and capitulate .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 02:39 PM

Very true morti, two wrongs just simply don't make a right. I no more support Muslim only areas than I do Jewish ones.
I suspect what is lacking is a sensible, even-handed, calm view that both sides have their claims. Both sides commit atrocities .. and one could say, why not ?.. both sides feel they are fighting for their own survival and establishing their own undisputed territory. One side uses terrorist tactics ... and whilst it's generally forgotten now, the other also employed them before they managed to attain their own standing army, generously funded by the West.

It doesn't help that illegal landgrab has occurred, mainly by one side, which has broken the original boundaries. Any aggressor should have been brought to task. They have not.

Cheerleading whilst wearing a ra-ra skirt and metal shod combat boots for one side rarely achieves anything other than reveal an innate, badly informed prejudice toward one side.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2018, 02:47 PM

Then why is no calling Mecca or Medina to be international multifaith cities ?

Unlike the aforementioned Jerusalem is ,under the governance of Israel, a multinational multifaith city .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I suspect what is lacking is a sensible, even-handed, calm view that both sides have their claims. Both sides commit atrocities .. and one could say, why not ?.. both sides feel they are fighting for their own survival and establishing their own undisputed territory. One side uses terrorist tactics ... and whilst it's generally forgotten now, the other also employed them before they managed to attain their own standing army, generously funded by the West.

It doesn't help that illegal landgrab has occurred, mainly by one side, which has broken the original boundaries. Any aggressor should have been brought to task. They have not.

Cheerleading whilst wearing a ra-ra skirt and metal shod combat boots for one side rarely achieves anything other than reveal an innate, badly informed prejudice toward one side.
Trouble is it's not ra rah wearers that are the problem it's the overly defensive accusing others of anti semitism that are the biggest problem. Unless we can divide being Jewish from Israel nothing will happen. Just because anyone isn't 100 percent on Israels side doesn't make them a nazi wanting another holocaust.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-02-2018, 03:06 PM

Then why is no calling Mecca or Medina to be international multifaith cities ?

Unlike the aforementioned Jerusalem is ,under the governance of Israel, a multinational multifaith city .
Because as far as I can see no one is fighting about it. And that wasn't the topic of this thread.

Page 7 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top