Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 02:37 PM

Re: The World At War

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I do remember my dad watching some of it when I growing up, but I was only nine then so I wasn't interested.

Incidentally, before I began watching this series I watched World War I In Colour, which is just as remarkable when you consider the resources they had a hundred years ago and had to make do with either what they had, or build or invent something virtually on the spot.
I have also seen some of the WW1 in colour and somehow it makes it more real to us 'youngsters'. I tend to imagine that history was in black and white.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have also seen some of the WW1 in colour and somehow it makes it more real to us 'youngsters'. I tend to imagine that history was in black and white.
WWI in Colour was a terrific series, Longdogs. I recommend it to anyone. Just six episodes but it was thoroughly interesting.
The narration by Kenneth Branagh was a strong plus point as well, rather like the choice of using Laurence Olivier's marvellous commentary for The World at War.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 04:46 PM

Have seen all these and remember me and my dad watching world at war the first time, am watching the David Jason program about espionage, also watching witness to war, narrated by tony Robinson, I am fascinated by these sorts of programmes, there are so many stories yet to be told
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Have seen all these and remember me and my dad watching world at war the first time, am watching the David Jason program about espionage, also watching witness to war, narrated by tony Robinson, I am fascinated by these sorts of programmes, there are so many stories yet to be told
I've missed the David Jason programme. What channel was it on?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I've missed the David Jason programme. What channel was it on?
Not sure, someone on here will know, you could try searching on catch up

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top