Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:12 PM

I thought dogs were supposed to have a cold nose.

Our Ellie, warming hers.

Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:15 PM

Re: I thought dogs were supposed to have a cold nose.

What a lovely photo .
They're not daft are they? Our little Jack Russell used to hog the fire and roll over to have her tummy tickled every time I walked past.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Our Ellie, warming hers.

Now look here Fruitcake, your Ellie is being sensible. After all, we humans are supposed to have a cool head.....but it doesn't stop us wearing a warm hat in the snow, does it!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:21 PM

don't blame her lol,its chilly out
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:29 PM

Ah bless her, is she a White Boxer Dog? My Sister had a White one with a black patch over one eye.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:45 PM

What a nice photo, she looks very cosy and comfortable.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:50 PM

She's being sensible not sensible is our Betty chi who loves the heat so much she squeezes past the fire guard and curls up right in front of it making Elsie lab completely bonkers worried about her, trying to get her back out front of it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:51 PM

Nice picture Fruitcake, she looks very content, just the right place on a bitter day like this.

Many years ago, I had two boxers, but not white ones.
I know many white ones suffer with deafness, is Ellie OK?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:55 PM

A white boxer how lovely...
FC I think you should move Ellie's blanket in front of the fire so she is not laying on the cold floor .
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Ah bless her, is she a White Boxer Dog? My Sister had a White one with a black patch over one eye.
Yes she is a white boxer. My Lovely's first one was white with a patch over one eye. Guess what he was called.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Nice picture Fruitcake, she looks very content, just the right place on a bitter day like this.

Many years ago, I had two boxers, but not white ones.
I know many white ones suffer with deafness, is Ellie OK?
We've had two white ones and my Lovely had a white one when she was a kid. They could all hear perfectly, when they wanted to!
I think the deafness bit is a myth. The kennel club don't allow white ones to be shown and they used to be put down at birth, but then people started to buy them cheap provided they signed a waiver that they wouldn't breed from them. People started then to realise there is nothing wrong with them, and they make fantastic pets. That's why you are seeing more and more of them these days.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
A white boxer how lovely...
FC I think you should move Ellie's blanket in front of the fire so she is not laying on the cold floor .
She doesn't like it when I stoke the fire, and I wouldn't want to set her cuddly on fire either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top