Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:35 PM

Another innocent man shot by American Police

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42277309
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:36 PM

Re: Another innocent man shot by American Police

Disgusting , the American police make me sick, they are filth
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:40 PM

I'll reserve judgement on it ... the video snippet is inconclusive as the view of what the unarmed man does is partially obscured, which is a pity as you need to be able to see exactly what he does as the defence offered was that he reached to his waistband after been warned not to.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 03:20 AM

IMO There is no possible excuse for what the cops did. If I had been on the jury, I would have voted for GUILTY.

Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying here. In the U.S., if the cops are pointing their guns at you, and you even twitch, you are dead. Even when the cops have a person out-numbered 10 to 1, and ALL of then have their guns drawn and pointing at a person, and then the cops kill that person, all the cops have to say is, "I feared for my life"; the cops then walk free.
It's all Bull Sh*t of course. I have no explanation for why this is allowed to continue.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 04:08 AM

All (most?) police forces get away with it.

British police shot an innocent man in cold blood (Jean Charles da Silva e de Menezes)- no one was ever charged, NSW police shoot mentally ill people and rarely get charged. Victorian police had a reputation for shooting first asking questions afterwards - I think that culture has been changed but no police force can point the finger at another jurisdiction.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

British police shot an innocent man in cold blood (Jean Charles da Silva e de Menezes)- no one was ever charged, NSW police shoot mentally ill people and rarely get charged. Victorian police had a reputation for shooting first asking questions afterwards - I think that culture has been changed but no police force can point the finger at another jurisdiction.

I often wonder where these bad cops come from. I wonder if the are the same ones who were bullies in school ? Don't know, just saying.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 08:18 AM

Personally I feel that each case should be judged on it's own... we can't blame all armed police for the actions of a few!
Once a country allows it's police to carry guns, along with every other citizen, lives are bound to be lost.
Ask yourself, if you were such a policeman and the suspect didn't do exactly as you asked him too, would you choose to risk your own life or shoot the suspect?
When guns become part of normal life, should we be surprised that innocent people are killed, be they police, suspected criminals or just somebody who was at the wrong place at the wrong time?
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

The cop in charge of that Brit operation is now Commander of the MET police,wonder what her expectations of her underlings are.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 10:05 AM

Fear does things to people and I'm guessing that's at the heart of many of the shootings, I hope so anyway or it's too awful to think about.
Norway
i

09-12-2017, 10:29 AM

The American police it seems is shoot first , ask questions after. Im surprised the man that was shot was not Black.
It is a ridiculous excuse to say the man reached for his waist band, even if he did , in that position the idiot policeman would have had plenty of time to see exactly what he was doing and should if he was properly trained !!! realised that the man was not reaching for a weapon. If you are a policeman you have to be sure that a weapon is there or going to be produced, this is how you should have been trained !!, but it is not the case in the USA.
British police shot that MAN, certainly not one of many like the USA police.
What then has happened to police commanders ! in the U SA wher a man has been shot in error????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top