Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 01:41 PM

whistling

was listening to radio this morning,someone was saying,they don't hear many people singing whilst working.
I have noticed you don't hear people whisling any more,,when I was young,most people whistled whilst doing things,the milkman could be heard comeing down the street,whistling away,plumbers,sparks,chippies,,,,,,,,i used to whistle whilst doing my paper round,,have people forgotten how to,or are songs to difficult to whistle to these days.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 01:52 PM

Re: whistling

My mum used to have a cleaner when she got that she couldn't manage it herself. She whistled all the time. We used to say to Mum oh we can see
Whistler has been, the copper kettle is gleaming again.
I haven't heard anyone doing it for ages.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 01:55 PM

I used to be able to do some ear-splitting whistles, very handy for calling the dogs at distance, but it doesnt seem to come out quite the same now.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 01:59 PM

I love music and whistle constantly, probably because it comes out better than my singing!

My son was desperate to whistle and when asked when it would happen, I answered "when you are five". Someone up there must have heard the plea in my voice because, thankfully, it happened just after his birthday.

My young granddaughter went through the same process and has been whistling away merrily since her fifth birthday in March!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 03:15 PM

Was whistling and singing this morning Oh come o ye faithful..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 03:43 PM

Your right there Doc, when I was working there were plenty of singers and whistlers around, could be a sign of the times, maybe folks have nothing to whistle about now.
I also notice people are not as happy and cheerful as they used to be in the so called ‘Bad old days’.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 03:58 PM

It depends on a particular song I'm listening to. Sometimes it calls for a whistle, other times I'll sing along. But I'll only sing when I'm on my own, usually in the car.

We have a bloke at work who is like a giant budgie. Never stops whistling. Another sings at the top of his monotone, tone-deaf voice without a care in the world - but that's usually when he craves some attention.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 04:02 PM

I like to hear whistling .... whoever does it. Can't whistle for toffee myself, never managed to get the knack. Could never manage to wink either.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 04:05 PM

how i dislike to hear a man whistling ' yes people did years ago when i was a kid but now its so naff - bad enough listening to a person who whistles through their teeth when talking can we put it in room 101 plzzzzz
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 05:06 PM

Friend J fell truly madly deeply in love with her man , loved his whistling , it made her smile , 4 years later she moaned constantly about his whistling and in the end asked him to leave , he did .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top