Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 10:22 AM

Re: Trade Deal

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Many of us voted out realising it might not be financially better for a while, what we expected was people would work together to make it easier, what we got is a load of people trying to stop us leaving rehashing the bebate daily and negotiators that seem to want t stay in too.

I'm fed up to back teeth with the lot of it.
Hi

Our negotiators are all die hard Brexiteers.

Unfortunately the two leads, Davis and Fox have messed up big time.

My reason for leaving has been justified, plans for a Federal Europe within 8 years, a European Army much sooner.

If the idiots in charge had waited a year, explained that Cameron had no plan, we could have left with everything in place and not had to go begging for a Transition Period.

Chucking away Billions is not a good idea.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Many of us voted out realising it might not be financially better for a while, what we expected was people would work together to make it easier, what we got is a load of people trying to stop us leaving rehashing the bebate daily and negotiators that seem to want t stay in too.

I'm fed up to back teeth with the lot of it.
Well said Julie, my thoughts exactly. All I can see from here are individuals or small groups of politicians that want to put their slant on Brexit instead of getting behind the ministers involved at the sharp end and supporting them .
These idiots really only want to see their name in print. I bet not one of them would be remotely capable of actually negotiating, they would be like fish out of water if suddenly told ," well get on with it "
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Well said Julie, my thoughts exactly. All I can see from here are individuals or small groups of politicians that want to put their slant on Brexit instead of getting behind the ministers involved at the sharp end and supporting them .
These idiots really only want to see their name in print. I bet not one of them would be remotely capable of actually negotiating, they would be like fish out of water if suddenly told ," well get on with it "
Hi

Yep, give it to Boris and Gove, rent a gobs, see how they do.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yep, give it to Boris and Gove, rent a gobs, see how they do.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
I read early today that Mrs May had said that if we did not get the deal we wanted, we would walk away and pay nothing.

I now read that David Davis has agreed with the EU that the first stage deal should now be made lawful, so we would not be able to not pay.

Do we actually know what we are doing?
What I know, and know for sure, is that politicians will promise one thing and then fail to deliver it.

May is typical of this: "No deal is better than a bad deal".

Of course, she maintains that the deal they are talking about is not a bad deal, so that's an easy way of avoiding that promise, isn't it?

I was listening to the Sourbry woman bleating about it on the news this afternoon. The sooner she loses her seat, the better as far as I'm concerned.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

13-12-2017, 08:33 PM

Hi

Well the Government have lost the vote, so any deal will have to be approved by Parliament before it goes ahead.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 09:47 PM

Well that is democracy in action. Finally some common sense.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What I know, and know for sure, is that politicians will promise one thing and then fail to deliver it.
I don't understand why this is a surprise. Since when have politicians delivered on their promises?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well the Government have lost the vote, so any deal will have to be approved by Parliament before it goes ahead.
I live in hope that they reject it!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-12-2017, 09:36 AM

Hi

The view from the EU.

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-t...talks-phase-2/

It is already apparent that the EU is not going to come running as Boris and others said.

A Canada deal would be good for the EU and not too shabby for us.

It would at least keep manufactured goods and agricultural products flowing and allow us to negotiate Trade Deals with others.

The big problem will be Services, we stand to lose between £20 and £40 Billion a year in tax receipts, depending on who you listen to.

Services are not covered by WTO Rules.

We can take off the £8 Billion , which is our net payment to the EU and then slash our Overseas Aid Budget, restricting it solely to simple Humanitarian Aid in times of natural disaster, just what we would expect to receive from others in times of one happening here.

The balance can be easily made up by a 10% increase in Personal Taxation, charging EU Nationals for use of the NHS and abolishing the Triple lock for Pensioners.

As it was our Generation which voted overwhelmingly for Brexit, it is only fair we take some of the pain.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top