Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 05:12 AM

The Great Roomba Disaster of 2017

With four dogs, I have been eyeing a Roomba for years. After saving up and waiting for a model to go on clearance, I snapped one up for a phenomenal price.

I love it but my dogs do not.

Set on a schedule, when the thing whirls into action, the dogs bark incessantly and jump at it unmercifully. Unphased, it goes about its daily work without complaint.

Not about to take that lack of respect, Ranger chewed up the charging port, but while it has teeth and claw marks, it still charges. Haha, you dogs!

Well, they got their revenge.

I forgot to turn off the timer...

And one of the dogs had had an unfortunate accident.

And the Roomba vacuumed over it...spreading the message of protest to the farthest corners of the house and back again.

The cleanup has been nothing short of a national hazardous waste disaster.

I may never recover...

but the Roomba is spotless, spinning its way across the equally spotless floors...

and the dogs are terrified.

The End (I hope).
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 05:52 AM

Re: The Great Roomba Disaster of 2017

It was a pooptastrophe? a poopocalypse? A poopening!

I wish you luck with that beastie, but from what I've heard from fellow dog owners, they quickly plug up with dog fur.
Hopefully your four will get used to it!
I'll keep to my non-robotic Dyson. It's 11 years old, and still going strong. (Probably just jinxed that!) And will never ever make poopsicles fly!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 10:29 AM

Agggg Surfermom
My son has one of those things but a Dyson . I hate it , it gives me the creeps.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 10:44 AM

Oh my goodness I saw a friends house after that happened to her too, it wasn't a pretty sight at all, so I do sympathise.

Dogs are funny with vacuums, Betty made it her job to defend us all against the vacuum cleaner and follows it round barking like a loon. Until I got a rechargeable one no cord to attach me to the wall and she's terrified and won't come out from behind the armchair not a peep out of her. But get the corded one out and she's frantic barking at it again.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 12:02 PM

I had to Google Roomba, didn't have a clue what it was. Anyway, serves you right for being so lazy.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

but the Roomba is spotless, spinning its way across the equally spotless floors...

and the dogs are terrified.

The End (I hope).
I too had to Google it - sounds brilliant though at over $500 I would expect it to also make dinner and wash up afterwards.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I too had to Google it - sounds brilliant though at over $500 I would expect it to make dinner and wash up afterwards.
If it could wash pants as well we wouldn't need a wife
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If it could wash pants as well we wouldn't need a wife
There are machines that do washing (cheaper than a Rommba too).
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I had to Google Roomba, didn't have a clue what it was. Anyway, serves you right for being so lazy.
When I first got the thing, I actually felt guilty when I was sitting and it was working - to the point that I would get up and do some chore to relieve my guilt. Pretty bad when you anthropomorphize a vacuum.

Lest you think I am totally worthless, I calculated the other day that I have done almost 25,000 loads of laundry since 1985. I am fairly confident that they included a fair number of pants.

Indeed, while I do the vacuuming and laundry, I do indeed tend to be talkative.

There is always a downside.
Token
New Member!
FL
Token is male 

14-12-2017, 09:23 AM

Laughing my wits out
Right now Neato vacs are taking over the Roomba. They are truly beasts. And don't be afraid of new technologies as you see they even able to handle a bunch of angry dogs.
[link removed]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top