Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 06:48 PM

Bancroft (instead of Hatton)

No one knows what happened to the 4-part drama about the Hatton Garden jewellery heist...maybe a last minute injunction?

Anyway I've been watching Bancroft which replaced it this week, 3rd episode this evening, and it's great!

Anything with Sarah Parish in it is bound to be excellent...she doesn't disappoint as a Queen Bitch!
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 06:58 PM

Re: Bancroft (instead of Hatton)

I was just this second talking about I. I've seen about 15 minutes of the first one. Was wondering if it's worth ploughing on.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I was just this second talking about I. I've seen about 15 minutes of the first one. Was wondering if it's worth ploughing on.
We're really enjoying it Gravitas, but subtitles necessary here otherwise can't understand a blooming word!!

I'm enjoying Adrian Edmondson as Bancroft's rival for promotion.
Very tense!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
We're really enjoying it Gravitas, but subtitles necessary here otherwise can't understand a blooming word!!

I'm enjoying Adrian Edmondson as Bancroft's rival for promotion.
Very tense!!
Hi

Oi you, some of us talk like that all the time.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

14-12-2017, 12:15 AM

OMG!!!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 10:09 AM

It's very similar to one that was on earlier in the year Ruthio (can't remember the name) where a high ranking officer is involved in a murder and one of the minions discovers their involvement but is largely ignored by her superiors. Same old, same old......

PS:- Doesn't Sarah Parrish look scary.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's very similar to one that was on earlier in the year Ruthio (can't remember the name) where a high ranking officer is involved in a murder and one of the minions discovers their involvement but is largely ignored by her superiors. Same old, same old......

PS:- Doesn't Sarah Parrish look scary.....
She certainly does OGF. She scares the pants off me, whereas at one time I would have removed them voluntarily.

I'm quite enjoying it although I do feel it skims over a lot of the detail. For instance, how easy it was to get in and out of the police station to tamper with evidence.

Another thing was when Bancroft was stood there doing the washing up. I'm sure that huge kitchen would have a dishwasher.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

14-12-2017, 01:48 PM

OGF I must know which previous drama you mean!!

And I agree re washing up, I shouted at the TV!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
OGF I must know which previous drama you mean!!

And I agree re washing up, I shouted at the TV!!
It was called 'In The Line Of Duty' Ruthio, and was shown around April this year......I just found it in this topic (TV and Film) very similar theme.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 03:51 PM

It will be interesting to find out why 'Hatton' has been postponed until next year. They are not really saying at the moment. Perhaps an offensive word is used, girl, boy or something like that.

Also odd that a new programme such as Bancroft was originally scheduled to be shown on 'Encore'.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top