Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 12:55 PM

Re: Staffies and the like

That's part of the problem as pack animals they protect their own pack so IME that is when we have had most problems. It's also why I don't understand when dogs turn on the family all mine were rock solid with all of us it was strangers they didn't trust.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 01:00 PM

'difficult' breeds (whatever that means) you find repulsive???

I suspect they're not very keen on your either.

Originally Posted by Roseredlee ->
On a more trivial note, I do find many of the 'difficult' breeds quite repulsive. Always puzzles me why people go fo them when there are so many more appealing dogs around.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 01:08 PM

Not nice I know to have your breed considered repulsive but we can't all like the same look in a dog IMO. I love Chihuahuas never seen one wasn't super cute and beautiful but I am well aware some people see them as big rats, can't say it bothers me they are the ones missing out on the Chihuahua love and fun.
My least favourite look in a dog is anything brindle just cannot take to the colouration. My husband has a particular dislike of snub noses something I love. Just personal taste really I think.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 01:24 PM

I guess I just find the word "repulsive" just offensive really. It's a bit like saying people find red-heads "repulsive" when you have a red-head child.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not nice I know to have your breed considered repulsive but we can't all like the same look in a dog IMO. I love Chihuahuas never seen one wasn't super cute and beautiful but I am well aware some people see them as big rats, can't say it bothers me they are the ones missing out on the Chihuahua love and fun.
My least favourite look in a dog is anything brindle just cannot take to the colouration. My husband has a particular dislike of snub noses something I love. Just personal taste really I think.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 01:52 PM

On a more trivial note, I do find many of the 'difficult' breeds quite repulsive. Always puzzles me why people go fo them when there are so many more appealing dogs around.

Although there are many breeds of dogs I would not want to have I could never say any of them are repulsive . I think the dog world would be very boring if we all had the same breed of dog .
Baxter8
Somerset

28-10-2014, 01:59 PM

Well said Abbey - if you met my dog you could call him - naughty, adventurous, a character, exuberant etc.. but I'd be hard pressed to find anybody that could call him that horrible "R" word.

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
Although there are many breeds of dogs I would not want to have I could never say any of them are repulsive . I think the dog world would be very boring if we all had the same breed of dog .
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
I guess I just find the word "repulsive" just offensive really. It's a bit like saying people find red-heads "repulsive" when you have a red-head child.
Well, sorry, and you're right, they'd probably feel the same about me, but that is the word to describe how I feel looking at some dogs. My own two are pretty weird - people always laugh at my older dog in the street because he has two very comical black eyes. But we all love our own no matter what. My personal preference for looks veers between Old English Sheepdogs and those so elegant Irish wolfhounds.
Baxter8
Somerset

28-10-2014, 02:06 PM

You might like my one - he does try to run like an elegant Irish wolfhound (unsucessfully) and is a bit goofy and daft like an old English Sheepdog!

Well, sorry, and you're right, they'd probably feel the same about me, but that is the word to describe how I feel looking at some dogs. My own two are pretty weird - people always laugh at my older dog in the street because he has two very comical black eyes. But we all love our own no matter what. My personal preference for looks veers between Old English Sheepdogs and those so elegant Irish wolfhounds.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 02:08 PM

To be honest I'm a real dog lover and whereas I might say I wouldn't want certain breeds I would fall in love with any dog in a matter of seconds whatever they looked like !
Baxer8 your dog sounds utterly adorable !
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
To be honest I'm a real dog lover and whereas I might say I wouldn't want certain breeds I would fall in love with any dog in a matter of seconds whatever they looked like !
Baxer8 your dog sounds utterly adorable !
That's what happened when I brought my first Shar-Pei puppy home. She was an impulse buy and when I put her down on the living room carpet and took a good look at her, I could have cried - she was the UGLIEST PUPPY I'd ever seen and I was convinced I'd never learn how to love her! But I soon found out that underneath all those wrinkles and smushy face lay a heart of gold and she turned out to be the most wonderful dog I've ever owned.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top