Join for free
Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:01 AM

Re: Baath or BAHth

There's always that fine line between accents and having learning difficulties!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 06:23 AM

I always thought the distinguishing word was "bus", as in barse and bwuss
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 09:46 AM

Reminds me of the time i tried to buy six slices of ham in Waitrose delicatessen .
"Thick slices" responded the server

"How many thick slices" she thought I had a lithp. it's a long story..................... rather like when I went into the Age Concern shop to ask about some unpriced items

"What are they for" I tried to ask

...."You want four my love, ok" was the reply...sigh.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
I am a southerner I say barf
I say shower.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:01 AM

Bath innit.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:05 AM

I say "shower" - don't have a bath in the house however it is pronounced, the idea of lying in your own muck makes me immediately want to have a shower.

Actually I have had three showers today because it was warm while I was working outside, usually only have two; one when I get up and one in the evening sometime. Running a bath is such a long business as I recall, I can't image having more than one a day.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Could be worse...we could be American.
They stole our language and got it all horribly wrong.
Garaage....Tomaaaytoes....Aloominum. Hahaha!
To be fair to the yanks 'Aluminium' makes no sense whatsoever either from a language or science point of view. (However that is the way I pronounce too I am afraid)
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
RJ blocks ears and ululates energetically
What's up RJ, was it a little risque for you?...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I say "shower" - don't have a bath in the house however it is pronounced, the idea of lying in your own muck makes me immediately want to have a shower.

Actually I have had three showers today because it was warm while I was working outside, usually only have two; one when I get up and one in the evening sometime. Running a bath is such a long business as I recall, I can't image having more than one a day.
I'm the same, Bruce.
I'll have a shower when I get up, another before work and sometimes even another one in the morning if it's been really muggy at work. And if I've been to the gym and I'm really sweaty, another one.
Squeaky clean me!
As for a bath - maybe twice a year if that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
I am a southerner I say barf
You are correct Bruv. barf, Frarnce and Glarsgow

Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top