Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
AnnieS
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 11:09 AM

Re: Just Say NO To Smart Meters!

I thought I'd have a look at the commissioning of this service and the contracts to run it. Capita has been awarded the operating licence :

https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...rs-dcc-licence
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cat DiCaprio View Post
12 billion, thats 420 per household whether you have a Smart Meter or not. Probably cost a lot more after all the blunders too.
What I'd be interested to see is a position where some providers insist on our having a smart meter whilst others permit us to decline having one.

I think we'd see many more people changing suppliers!
Kendricksmum
New Member!
London, UK
Kendricksmum is female 

Yesterday, 01:05 PM

You should count yourself as fortunate if you don't have one at present and no-one in your block does either.
Cinderella
East Anglia,UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS View Post
As the country isn't energy-ready, I reckon they will be used if power is rationed to see who is using too much of their share. Our nuclear reactors should be refreshed over the next ten - fifteen years or we will have a serious shortfall in supply.
Good point.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Good point.
Our nuclear power stations might be up and running by 2027 but don't think your electricity bills will be any cheaper after the Chinese and French (EDF) have taken their chunk from your bill....To think that at one time we led the field in Nuclear power generation.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox View Post
Our nuclear power stations might be up and running by 2027 but don't think your electricity bills will be any cheaper after the Chinese and French (EDF) have taken their chunk from your bill....To think that at one time we led the field in Nuclear power generation.....
My sentiments exactly.
We also led the world in aeronautical engineering in the 1950s.

I'm afraid that all of those leads in technology have been either sold, given away or allowed to wither on the bough by no-one other than our glorious leaders. Who else?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR View Post
My sentiments exactly.
We also led the world in aeronautical engineering in the 1950s.

I'm afraid that all of those leads in technology have been either sold, given away or allowed to wither on the bough by no-one other than our glorious leaders. Who else?
Or cunningly sneaked away from us by the EU in order to make us less self sufficient JB.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

Today, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox View Post
Or cunningly sneaked away from us by the EU in order to make us less self sufficient JB.....
I shouldn't be at all surprised.
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top