Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 11:00 PM

Re: Men are worth it!

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
I have worked in a predominantly female field for 30 years.. Perhaps British women are different.. but here.. women will destroy one another.. Back stab.. gossip... sabotage... and worse.. It's pretty viscious in an all women work place.
I haven't experienced it myself but that might say more about me than it not actually happening - I tend to steer clear of anyone (male or female) that has an unpleasant attitude so maybe I just didn't really see it. I do hear people say it has happened to them and my daughter says it happens to her but she's one the biggest stirrers going! If stuff like that happens, I remind her, and everyone else, it takes two parties for a bad situation to continue to exist: the one causing it and the one allowing it to continue.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:28 AM

I have worked in a predominantly female field for 30 years.. Perhaps British women are different.. but here.. women will destroy one another.. Back stab.. gossip... sabotage... and worse.. It's pretty viscious in an all women work place.
I wouldnt survive long living with the Colonials, I'm too quiet.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:34 AM

The myth of sisterhood ! Just doesn't exist as far as I can see, in most of the offices I have cleaned I have seen men be competitive but fair and all manage to rub along together fairly well, women back stab and whisper and gossip and even if they are "nice" women outside of work tend to go a bit nuts when they have to work along side other women !
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:40 AM

Bah. Not they are on about equal gender pay being enforced? No doubt women are trying to push this through .

Should equal gender pay be enforced?
(BBC News link - safe)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:43 AM

I love they cite maternity pay as a reason women get less, as if women get pregnant alone with no help from men at all !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:50 AM

I actually agree with this bit:

Enforcing equal pay does little to tackle the reason behind pay inequality and can easily be invasive, costly and distortionary. It's an easy answer, but it's the wrong one.
It's about forcing men to accept that women are equal human beings and not the inferior species that it has suited them to believe for the past two thousand years. Can you imagine the uproar now if it was deemed acceptable to pay a black person less than a white person? Or pay a disabled person less than an able-bodied person because the disabled person might need more time off for hospital appointments? All hell would break loose so why is it okay to do that to women? It is the archaic mindset of many men that needs to change first. More women to start up in business on their own (which is, apparently, happening more and more). How many men would think it fair that a woman was paid more than them for doing the same job?

With regard to maternity leave - women shouldn't be paid for that and the company could then use the money to employ temporary staff to cover for that leave; having children is a choice and employers should not be forced to pay for an employee's lifestyle choice.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I actually agree with this bit:

It's about forcing men to accept that women are equal human beings and not the inferior species that it has suited them to believe for the past two thousand years. Can you imagine the uproar now if it was deemed acceptable to pay a black person less than a white person? Or pay a disabled person less than an able-bodied person because the disabled person might need more time off for hospital appointments? All hell would break loose so why is it okay to do that to women? It is the archaic mindset of many men that needs to change first. More women to start up in business on their own (which is, apparently, happening more and more). How many men would think it fair that a woman was paid more than them for doing the same job?

With regard to maternity leave - women shouldn't be paid for that and the company could then use the money to employ temporary staff to cover for that leave; having children is a choice and employers should not be forced to pay for an employee's lifestyle choice.

Karen darlin' despite the Disability Discrimination Acts, some employers still do that.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 01:32 PM

I have TON of theories of why women and men behave as they do.. but that would require another disertation and I'm not up to it today.. maybe later..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-08-2013, 02:02 PM

I have TON of theories of why women and men behave as they do.. but that would require another disertation and I'm not up to it today.. maybe later..
Look forward to you sharing that, fascinating subject IMO

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top