Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 11:24 AM

Re: Any Budding Authors?

Lol that was quick.

Yes is simple rewites, no html, seo knowledge needed just a basic spell checked txt or Word doc needed.

Prevously we've paid £2.50 per article, which works out at around £10 an hour, and I estimate there's another 300 to do.
According to that there is £750 up for grabs. Not exactly highly paid but a start I suppose. It could be a foot in the door.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 11:32 AM

I will let things ride for a while now as I have work to carry out and I am waiting for a reply from him with regard to writing full articles. I will make background checks on who he is and will probe for further info to make sure everything is very legit.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 02:01 PM

Be interesting to know why they are rewrites. What knowledge does the writer need?

Thanks for this Mark, btw.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 12:37 AM

Thanks for agreeing to read my stories. Let me know what you think, although I'm sure you won't read them, but that's okay.

Mark, I'm sorry, but I'm a bit suspicious of the reply you got. The use of the word "endeavour" was written in American slang as "endeavor" so are you aiming for a USA market?

I don't know what you've written, but I do hope you've accompanied it with a copywrite mark and the date of your writing. Beware of plagiarists.

I reckon {{rolls eyes}} that my stories would be a really good sit-com for the BBC, but I wouldn't have a clue how to go about it, and I is poverty stricken so could with an extra few quid.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

28-08-2013, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Thanks for agreeing to read my stories. Let me know what you think, although I'm sure you won't read them, but that's okay.
Not read your stories yet but intend to today .

Mark, I'm sorry, but I'm a bit suspicious of the reply you got. The use of the word "endeavour" was written in American slang as "endeavor" so are you aiming for a USA market?
I run stuff through my Frontpage spell checker, unfortunately it only checks US spelling and I sometimes miss the wrongly spelt words.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 10:42 PM

Oh right. You should be able to set it to proper English, though! Don't know what you mean by your "Frontpage" spell checker.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

29-08-2013, 11:03 AM

Mark, check out my Crusty stories on here. Excuse the faulty posts at the beginning.

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=6527
Read first paragraph. Certainly colourful . Interesting way to consider writing a book by creating adventures for the main character; thinking up all escapades he could get involved in without getting bogged down in one long storyline.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

30-08-2013, 02:09 AM

That was just Chapter 1, Mark, but thank you for reading. I'm surprised you could actually follow the conversations as they were written in Lancashire dialect which is something you wouldn't be familiar with.

Believe me, you couldn't even begin to imagine what he gets up to in future chapters.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top