Join for free
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2014, 11:43 AM

Anyone using 'The Utility Warehouse' ???

Has anyone heard of 'The Utility Warehouse' ???

They are the trading name for Telecom Plus plc who are quite a big company. They do not do any TV or radio advertising but they do offer to provide any (or all) of the following electricity, gas, landline, broadband, and mobile phone at a discount. I've seen a typical bill and it's broken down into clearly understandable sections for each service and the Kw hour charge for electricity is definately less than I'm paying now.

Any comments, advice, or recomondations (Good or bad) would be most welcome and help in my research into them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2014, 12:00 PM

Re: Anyone using 'The Utility Warehouse' ???

http://www.theguardian.com/money/200...us-distributor

have a look at the money saving expert site too for reviews they don't make happy reading.

No personal experience but the reviews would put me off.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2014, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Has anyone heard of 'The Utility Warehouse' ???
They came up last November on a comparison site when I was looking around again to see if I could get a better deal than with OVO again.

They couldn't match OVO (and nor could several others!) except by doing 6 month deals which to me is bloody pointless!

There was no guarantee with any of them that you'd get the same deal in 6 months time and OVO were offering 12 months with standing orders fixed for the duration - did it for me at the time but it doesn't mean I'll stick to OVO indefinitely!

I'll exercise my right again in November! stevmk2
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2014, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
http://www.theguardian.com/money/200...us-distributor

have a look at the money saving expert site too for reviews they don't make happy reading.

No personal experience but the reviews would put me off.
Thank you Julie, I had a nice young lady call on me and she assured me that the broadband is unlimited and you do get a free wireless router although there is a postage charge. The Guardian article said "UW's basic broadband package has a 40GB limit and new customers don't get a wi-fi router."

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
They couldn't match OVO (and nor could several others!) except by doing 6 month deals which to me is bloody pointless!
Thank you Steve, I don't think OVO is available where I am. I agree six month deals are pointless.

To both of you I would add that I am not looking to be a distributer for them, the young lady I spoke to was upfront about the fact she will be getting a commission as long as I am a customer which at the moment I've not made a decision about.

It doesn't bother me if she gets a commission, it will only be pennies. I quite like the 'one bill' idea and I beleive it can be paid by cheque.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2014, 07:07 AM

Hi Losos I have heard of them. A friend of mine has been with them for a few years now, he recently told me he was happy with them.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

16-06-2014, 09:49 PM

Venus, thanks for that.

At the moment I'm still thinking about it.

Negatives seem to be:-
a) They don't offer a pay as you go mobile, has to be monthly contract.
b) Landline calls appear to incur a fixed charge on top of the time charge, it's only pennies but it would add up, I have to check on that again.
c) Won't know until next week how the head office answered my letter about supply faults and how they handle them
d) I think they also want a direct debit payment each month which I want to avoid if possible.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top