Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 11:23 AM

House Sale & Move, 2nd attempt!

Yesterday we had our first new viewers after our original buyers pulled out on Thursday so it feels good now to find that the first ones, (again!), have made an offer to the agent this morning.

We were a bit fed-up on Thursday but looking at the market I thought we should try again straight away and suggested we go back up to the original valuation and these buyers have offered near enough that amount without batting an eyelid so that was a good move as it's £7000 more than the first buyers!

We have another viewing today and we have told the agent that we will probably accept this offer if today's viewers do not seem impressed as the first couple are in no hurry and really want this house, which for us is great.

We can also up our budget now and maybe get that illusive 2-bed house! stevmk2
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 11:24 AM

Re: House Sale & Move, 2nd attempt!

Wish you luck Steve, hope this follows through ok this time.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 11:45 AM

Sounds good ... fingers crossed for you
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 11:57 AM

Good luck Steve, I hope it all goes to plan for you this time ...
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 12:23 PM

Well done
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 12:31 PM

Second viewing just now - very picky people and I think that they will have problems with so many "tick-boxes" to fill!

This house is 89 years old so it's not likely to have the kind of "spec" they seem to be looking for so I was a bit bemused by them.
Surely they did some research first?

We told the agent we are happy with the first couple so she will be on to them later.

Just got to find a house for us now!

Going for a walk and a pint to celebrate! stevmk2
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 12:33 PM

Good for you Steve. Relax and recover
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 02:05 PM

Surprised your house is 89 years old Steve, I thought MK was a 'new' town ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Second viewing just now - very picky people and I think that they will have problems with so many "tick-boxes" to fill!

This house is 89 years old so it's not likely to have the kind of "spec" they seem to be looking for so I was a bit bemused by them.
Surely they did some research first?

We told the agent we are happy with the first couple so she will be on to them later.

Just got to find a house for us now!

Going for a walk and a pint to celebrate! stevmk2
I think you would do right to 'stick' with the first couple
Best wishes to you
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 02:41 PM

The very best of luck to you Steve, but it's a long rocky road this house selling business, we've been trying to sell a very nice four bedroomed semi since February. We are now on our third buyers for one reason or another and are once again due to exchange contracts this coming week, which is usually the time when the buyers to decide to divorce instead...

There really should be a better way.....

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top