Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 01:49 PM

Re: Who has a blog and what is it about?

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I dont blog but Ive recently, (at my daughters command) created a website to show my work.

http://writerdeborahallen.wix.com/author-site
I love your blog/website. I am a would be author. I love writing & people often say I should write a book, but I'm happy writing for my own pleasure pieces 500-2000 words.
I once tried to have some of my work printed in the SAGA & OLDIE magazines . They were quite charming & encouraging in their rejection & I have not pursued it again.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
That's lovely Marion! How do you start a blog and does it cost anything?
Do other people post comments on them?
Tessa, some people add things to it if they especially like a card, but I lost my old blog, and with it the comments, so had to start this one off.
And no, it doesn't cost anything, not often that happens is it
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I love your blog/website. I am a would be author. I love writing & people often say I should write a book, but I'm happy writing for my own pleasure pieces 500-2000 words.
I once tried to have some of my work printed in the SAGA & OLDIE magazines . They were quite charming & encouraging in their rejection & I have not pursued it again.
I think it's sad that you let one rejection put you off.

If people are encouraging you to do it why not try again?
There is obviously an audience for your work.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 10:51 PM

Thank you Cass

Wise counsel
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 12:19 PM

There are boring blogs, hate filled blogs, political blogs etc. However for a totally inane blog, having no real theme, try mine at bruceoldfart.blogspot.com or bruceoldfart.com

This blog has no purpose other than to afford me mild amusement. Strangely it averages around 4000 hits a month from 12 different countries, proving that many people are seriously bored.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 12:24 PM

My kind of drivil, good to see a bit of stuff and nonsense being reported.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by oxymoron47 ->
There are boring blogs, hate filled blogs, political blogs etc. However for a totally inane blog, having no real theme, try mine at bruceoldfart.blogspot.com or bruceoldfart.com

This blog has no purpose other than to afford me mild amusement. Strangely it averages around 4000 hits a month from 12 different countries, proving that many people are seriously bored.
Now added to my favorites list! Your tag line at the top had me laughing out loud before I read a word of your posts!
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 11:15 AM

I recently posted this on my blog. !042 positive comments, 2120 negative/hate mail comments! Go figure!
I'm fast losing my faith in humanity, but I'll endure.

I usually deliberately write posts that are either ridiculous or slightly amusing. However, this post is as serious as I can get. This is my take on terrorists. These filthy, gutless, stinking pigs are a blight on our world. They randomly and senselessly murder innocent men, women and children for no reason other than to cause fear. For this alone, they deserve to be exterminated, like the vermin they are.

First of all, the media need to stop sensationalising the activities of the terrorists. Instead of 30 minutes of graphic reporting of each terrorist attack, they should just announce the event in a restrained manner. Making it a sensation might attract viewer ratings and sell more advertising, but it is just playing into the terrorist's hands, by spreading fear.

Secondly, when governments around the world uncover the identities of terrorists, either real or seriously suspect, they should arrest them, remove the citizenship or revoke the visas of the terrorists extended families and deport them back to their original countries. It is reasonable to believe that some family members are aware of their relatives' terrorist intentions and are therefore guilty by association by not alerting the authorities. The knowledge that they will be deported may even push them to call the relevant authorities.

Finally, we need to pressure our political leaders into taking stronger, more immediate action.
That's all I will ever have to say on this topic.

What the heck is wrong with that?
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ive had a few, mainly wildlife and photography based, still got one but i rarely update it these days.
I wouldn't mind doing something like that Nom. Any tips on how to start and where can I view yours?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 02:53 PM

Google Blogs Gasman, dont put much on mine these days as im no longer active.

Heres is a link to the kind of thing i used to produce by a birdng buddy of mine.

http://sedgedunumwarbler.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top