Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 07:46 PM

Re: Peeky Blinders

Originally Posted by Goldcrest ->
Absolutely cannot wait Missy!
Me neither

We started to re watch the last season just as a recap, and was once again enthralled
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 09:05 PM

Wait no longer , 1 hour
Mel15
Nowhere

16-11-2017, 09:48 PM

FANTASTIC opening of the new series

This is a series that just grow and grows

For thos who haven't watched it, it really is worth finding it and catching up.

It's so completely different
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 09:59 PM

I love it too, caught up after the second series then was completely hooked

Yes agree missy it's very different and the soundtracks are amazing
There are some great duets coming up in yjis seties apparently
Jarvis Cocker and Iggy Pop!!! What a combination that'll be!

My son got me into it...just posted a pic of him in fancy dress on another thread
Mel15
Nowhere

16-11-2017, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I love it too, caught up after the second series then was completely hooked

Yes agree missy it's very different and the soundtracks are amazing
There are some great duets coming up in yjis seties apparently
Jarvis Cocker and Iggy Pop!!! What a combination that'll be!

My son got me into it...just posted a pic of him in fancy dress on another thread
It's worth watching for the sound track alone

Never have I heard such edgy music on a series

I was listening to an interview the other week and apparently it just gets better

I think I will end up with a box set for a pressie.

As an aside, I was watching Carl Frampton on the news and thought he had to be a fan (haircut) and the new barman at my local is sporting the same style lol
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 09:04 PM

It seems the public has an appetite for Drama's that have bloodcurdling murder and mayhem such as the popular Peaky Blinders by Birmingham writer author Seven Knight
it depicts and was inspired by criminal life in that area in the 1920's, such as the story of a man who went round with a rat in a cage, and then put his head inside and killed it with his teeth, to much applause.
I think he has emulated the old American Mafia films of the early 20's

The Perky Blinders were a gang who stitched razors in the peaks of their cape and slashed any one who crossed them, till the blood ran down their faces and blinded them.

'Charming'
Mel15
Nowhere

17-11-2017, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
It seems the public has an appetite for Drama's that have bloodcurdling murder and mayhem such as the popular Peaky Blinders by Birmingham writer author Seven Knight
it depicts and was inspired by criminal life in that area in the 1920's, such as the story of a man who went round with a rat in a cage, and then put his head inside and killed it with his teeth, to much applause.
I think he has emulated the old American Mafia films of the early 20's

The Perky Blinders were a gang who stitched razors in the peaks of their cape and slashed any one who crossed them, till the blood ran down their faces and blinded them.

'Charming'
Yep, them's the Peeky Blinders

Yep it can be pretty gruesome

There are scenes I watch from behind the pillow, same as I did with Dr Who as a child, same as I do with harrowing scenes shown daily on the TV

But the acting, the story, the music , makes it extremely engaging and compulsive viewing.
Goldcrest
Scotland
Goldcrest is female  Goldcrest has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 10:47 PM

What an opening episode on Wednesday night. Sad that John has been killed, but perhaps Michael survived. There is nothing on TV like this series. I'm afraid I'm not a fan of Tommy's new eyewear though. Eyes as beautiful as those shouldn't be hidd n behind glass.
Goldcrest
Scotland
Goldcrest is female  Goldcrest has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 11:30 PM

Another cracking series of the Peakys rolls on. I love that it's back in Small Heath. I can feel Tommy's almost unbearable responsibility. It seems there is no escape from a life of crime. Will Tommy do the decent thing and marry Lizzie now?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 07:27 PM

Peaky Blinders is something I have missed completely. I need to catch up.

If anyone is interested, all previous series are available on BBC iplayer at the moment and can be downloaded.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top