Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 05:48 PM

A step nearer

Well , the dishwasher is a step nearer, as today I removed the old double sink unit and fitted a new single unit, our kitchen is really small but we can get a slimline dishwasher in but had to alter the sink unit, to get it to fit, had to alter the drain to accept the hose for the DW, and fit a new isolator valve, had to prop the sink and worktop, and assemble the new unit underneath, with a bit of cutting and fettling it went in, just the door and handles to fit and we can finally order our new dishwasher,
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 09:10 PM

Re: A step nearer

Good for you.

I don't know what I'd do without our dishwasher, I being chief superintendent of the washing up department.

Unfortunately, starting next week, we shall be having our kitchen completely replaced and, of course, the dishwasher will be out of action for the three and a half weeks.

I haven't really given much thought as to how to deal with this. The options would appear to be washing the dishes in the bath or washbasin, or throwing them away and buying new ones.

What should I do? The thought of washing by hand fills me with dread.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 09:36 PM

Do you have a pressure cleaner JBR? Just a thought.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
Do you have a pressure cleaner JBR? Just a thought.
What a good idea! We do!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good for you.

I don't know what I'd do without our dishwasher, I being chief superintendent of the washing up department.

Unfortunately, starting next week, we shall be having our kitchen completely replaced and, of course, the dishwasher will be out of action for the three and a half weeks.

I haven't really given much thought as to how to deal with this. The options would appear to be washing the dishes in the bath or washbasin, or throwing them away and buying new ones.

Paper plates..?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Well , the dishwasher is a step nearer, as today I removed the old double sink unit and fitted a new single unit, our kitchen is really small but we can get a slimline dishwasher in but had to alter the sink unit, to get it to fit, had to alter the drain to accept the hose for the DW, and fit a new isolator valve, had to prop the sink and worktop, and assemble the new unit underneath, with a bit of cutting and fettling it went in, just the door and handles to fit and we can finally order our new dishwasher,
Fantastic. You won't regret it. And, if you need any dishwasher tips, just ask myself or JBR who are experts. For instance, if something doesn't get cleaned properly, just keep putting it back until it does.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-08-2017, 09:04 PM

And my tip: they are not suitable for paper plates.
Primus1
York

27-08-2017, 09:20 PM

Believe it or not I actually fix dishwashers, for a living, albeit commercial ones, I bloody hate the things although they are excellent at what they do, just difficult to work on , everything is underneath, except the pass through ones, they're not so bad..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good for you.

Get yourself a dog, they're good at licking plates clean.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 10:55 AM

I've got a dishwasher, it came with the house when i moved in over 10yrs ago, and i've never used it, not once. I suppose i should look to see how it works sometime. Same with the drier. The washing machine and the dryer were here when i moved in. I use the WM, but hsven't touched the drier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top