Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 11:16 PM

Re: Alaska

Originally Posted by Tartlet ->
I’m a bit on the adventurous side myself Bakerman in so far as I arrange all my outings myself rather than go on the ship’s excursions. I travel solo and am always happy to have the safety and comfort of the ship to come back to.
Good for you, Tartlet.
So, Sweetie Pie,if you want to see the wild bears, truly a once in a lifetime experience, I'd start at two places 1.) the Alaska dept. of Fish and Game on the www. and 2.) tour agencies in Anchorage, Alaska.

P.S. Don't forget to buy a good set of binoculars BEFORE you leave home. Depending upon where you go, you might also see Moose, Elk, Reindeer, Badgers, Wolverines, Seals and, of course, Eagles. When I was last there I saw hundreds of Bald Eagles fishing for Salmon, all in one spot. Can you imagine that ? A hundred Bald Eagles in the trees all around you.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 12:28 AM

Dear Sweetie Pie,
The possibilities regarding trips to Alaska are absolutely endless. You may wish to combine a cruise ship tour with a stay at a wild country resort. Heck, you could even fish for a large salmon if you so desire and then eat it for dinner prepared by the chef at the lodge. Fresh salmon, YUMMY.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 06:39 AM

A few more photos.

Juneau

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 02:44 PM

WOW WOW WOW!!!
Thank-you so much for the pictures Tartlet. I am really excited now.

bakerman I guess you have been to Alaska.
I am going to do some research and decide how long to stay.

The place looks stunning!!!!
I would go in the Summer months.

Thank-you both for replying.
Sorry, it took me so long to thank you both.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top