Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 09:49 PM

Re: Blue planet

This series is why we have all got HD and above - it's truly magical what we can view nowadays

Remember Under The Sea with Jacque Cousteau?

We only had black and white back then but how he showed us the technology they had and used, and the film he showed us, was the forerunner to this
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Am watching it now .
It's fantastic just watching the fabulous Manta Rays .
Argghhh
The horrible Bobitt Worm.

Weird looking thing wasn't it. Jaws like daggers they said.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 09:37 PM

Yet more breath taking filming from the Blue Planet.
The Jelly fish sequences are amazing.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 09:42 PM

Yet more breath taking filming from the Blue Planet.
The Jelly fish sequences are amazing.

Amazing

And now the whale shark
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 10:11 PM

Still watching this incredible documentary.
David Attenborough is, in my opinion, the greatest TV personality of all time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Still watching this incredible documentary.
David Attenborough is, in my opinion, the greatest TV personality of all time.

Yes Floyds, he must have seen more beautiful and fascinating things in his life time than most of us ever will.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 10:00 PM

It's a beautiful series & so colourful too. I loved the octopus.
Those poor Puffins trying to get food back to their chicks & running the gauntlet of those pesky Skua's. Though I did know about that before, most of the programs have totally new information to me.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->

Remember Under The Sea with Jacque Cousteau?

Oh yes Missy, I remember Jacque Cousteau. Funnily, I was only thinking about him recently when I was watching the end bits of Blue Planet.

Blue Planet is brilliant, stunning even. And, the time the crew wait to get their shots and seek out what they want to record - wow.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 02:32 PM

Am watching it now .
It's fantastic just watching the fabulous Manta Rays .
Argghhh
The horrible Bobitt Worm.
Why does that name make me cringe?

Mrs LDs will not watch any animals fighting or suffering even though it's a natural thing so I don't get to see many wildlife programmes.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 04:48 PM

Just catching up with the final episode of this remarkable series. The programme dealt with the effects on the environnent, and more particularly on the sea and ocean life.

Over fishing stocks and killing endangered species have always been major issues, but the environment's wastefulness and global warming is an unstoppable force and threat, as we know.

We need to find a way to halt all this and if we could only find a suitable and practical alternative to plastic - that is the only solution. Less packaging.
We used to use tin, paper and wood but all of these materials have their own drawbacks - felling of trees, the cost of minerals etc.

I don't know any answers. Discuss....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top