Join for free
Calcio2
EU ireland
Calcio2 is male  Calcio2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 11:01 PM

Internet tv

Any one using pure internet TV ?. Got vodafones offering installed a few months ago,I live in Ireland so don't know what's on offer in the uk ,read somewhere that they (vodafone)pulled out of offering it some months ago.Anyway,just taught I'd give my impressions,channel line up is pretty similar to sky,you can also pause live TV,watch 1 channel and record 4,a lot of the channels are HD as standard, the multi room box even though it does not have a hard drive,you can still watch and record on it using your main box thru WiFi, 40 Meg minimum download speed is required for installation. Also it does not seem to interfere with other devices running in the house. Anyone else out there watching all their TV thru the internet?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 08:38 AM

Re: Internet tv

That doesn't sound like it offering much more than my human pvr box that is free sat and doesn't use my data.

Not sure I'd bother the human box does all I need, apart from multi room which I don't want anyway.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 10:54 AM

I haven't watched my TV in months but have an old sky box which was given to me. It works just like a freeview box and I get lots of channels. Obviously not any that are sky channels as I don't pay any subscription.
I watch films on my tablet for free and iPlayer.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 01:11 PM

Humax box through the aerial, kodi through the internet

Have unlimited data so we watch what we want when we want
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 09:10 PM

I only watch Netflix or You Tube on my Macbook or iPad - TVs aren't for me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 11:15 AM

If it requires 40meg minimum then it's not for me. Average is about 5 mbps and last night was down to 2.5mbps. Do internet tvs hog the channels? Maybe my neighbour has one.
Senex
California, USA
Senex is male  Senex has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Calcio2 ->
Any one using pure internet TV ?. Got vodafones offering installed a few months ago,I live in Ireland so don't know what's on offer in the uk ,read somewhere that they (vodafone)pulled out of offering it some months ago.Anyway,just taught I'd give my impressions,channel line up is pretty similar to sky,you can also pause live TV,watch 1 channel and record 4,a lot of the channels are HD as standard, the multi room box even though it does not have a hard drive,you can still watch and record on it using your main box thru WiFi, 40 Meg minimum download speed is required for installation. Also it does not seem to interfere with other devices running in the house. Anyone else out there watching all their TV thru the internet?
I don't know what "vodaphone" is , but I watch my TV shows and the occasional movie for free on the Internet, via sites like http://sharemovies.net, http://watch-series.is, www.putlockers.fm, etc.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top