Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 08:28 AM

Windows 10

Have finally landed on Windows 10 - reluctantly and prepared to loathe it - but have to admit it is growing on me. It will never be as good as Windows XP Professional (in my opinion) but it is certainly better than Windows 8 - no stupid useless 'apps' all over the screen.

However - one (of many) thing I cannot find is how to change the desktop wallpaper and the screen saver. Logic says they must be in the 'control panel' somewhere but not found them as yet. Any advice?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 08:43 AM

Re: Windows 10

Hi ST.

Go to your Start button, click on that, click on Settings, then click on Personalization.

Susie x
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi ST.

Go to your Start button, click on that, click on Settings, then click on Personalization.

Susie x
Thank you - i knew it had to be in there somewhere !
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 11:40 AM

Alternatively, right-click on your desktop and then left-click "Personalise" in the context menu .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

06-11-2017, 01:53 PM

Thank you, Omah, have decided to keep the desk for a while - it is showing some breath-taking scenery at the moment.

Was going to use 'pictures' as a screen saver - haven't found that one yet!

Hate to admit this - but - W10 is growing on me - may have to go and lie down in a dark room for a while!!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 02:13 PM

I rather like it, did have a problem last week but not convinced that was Windows 10 fault.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Thank you, Omah, have decided to keep the desk for a while - it is showing some breath-taking scenery at the moment.
You can still R/C on a desktop picture to get the context menu

Was going to use 'pictures' as a screen saver - haven't found that one yet!
This article may help:

How to customize Screensaver in Windows 10

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/custom...ngs-windows-10
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 05:01 PM

I have Coco on my Screensaver.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 09:10 PM

I was a bit dubious about Windows 10 after using 7 for years but I have to admit, it's not half bad. I do find it's a bit slower to respond than 7 was but overall I'm pleasantly surprised.

As for finding where stuff is....I just type what it is I'm looking for in the search box at the left hand side of the Task bar.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

06-11-2017, 11:39 PM

Slowly but surely I am finding my way around - refuse to be intimidated by a heap of microchips! It is faster than Vista and streets better than W8!

Had to buy a card reader as there is no 'integral' one on this new tower and have had no problem using it to upload photographs.

Tomorrow will be the acid test - will it work with my craft/graphics discs? Some of them have been around for a while!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top