Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 10:14 AM

travel insurance

I only want basic cover for my five days away over Christmas. Just for cancellation, maybe, or curtailment of journey, but even though I declared my atrial flutter, high bp and cholesterol, I have been quoted over £50 by Staysure, even though they quoted just over £8 a few months ago for a similar holiday (my caravan break, and I was driving then.)

Back then, I spent about 20 minutes answering all the health questions and we agreed that for the majority of my conditions we have the wonderful NHS on standby!

So how come the quote is so high now? I could lie, but Staysure already have my medical conditions on their system, most probably.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 10:17 AM

Re: travel insurance

Could it be that they raise their quotes over the Christmas period ... as do the hoteliers?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 10:31 AM

Went on a comparison site and just paid £13.85, to include the atrial flutter, the high bp and cholesterol, and gadget cover upto £1,000, and a £100 excess.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 10:31 AM

Hi

I have mine on my Bank Card.

Does it for me.

When I am in the EU, I have my Medical Card, again enough.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

08-11-2017, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Could it be that they raise their quotes over the Christmas period ... as do the hoteliers?
May be, Mags.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

08-11-2017, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Does it for me.

I'm only going to Bournemouth.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 11:38 AM

I never bother with travel insurance for anywhere in the UK Jazzi, only when I go abroad when the consequences would be very expensive without it.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I never bother with travel insurance for anywhere in the UK Jazzi, only when I go abroad when the consequences would be very expensive without it
Im the same i never bother .
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 12:02 PM

Again here I only every get health insurance when I go abroad never if I go in the UK.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Does it for me.

It isn't really enough for anyone to rely on their EHIC card. As it only provides the free treatment given to residents of the EU country you're in and different countries have different levels of free treatment, it could leave you having to pay for treatment and/or medication which isn't covered.

But perhaps more importantly, if you need urgent medical treatment and the only local hospital or clinic is private rather than state run, the EHIC card is of no use at all. This has happened to me and I dread to think what the cost would have been if I hadn't had my own travel insurance and honestly declared all pre- existing conditions.

And don't even think about going to the US without adequate insurance cover.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top