Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 11:03 PM

Re: Magic money tree.

Leave it Devo...............just not worth it.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 11:28 PM

Enter stage left, the second member of the Forum Brain Trust

By the bloody way! I thought you said you was going to put me on ignore! I knew you had a secret crush on me.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 11:54 PM

Really! I make a statement, I back it up and what comes back in turn? Bo****ks and bluster but no evidence of mentation. Just about par for the course, I reckon.
I know I am not always right but in the absence of any sort of counter argument, my ego grows.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
I know I am not always right but in the absence of any sort of counter argument, my ego grows.
Quite right.

He even reckons I said put him on ignore, when I actually said "Don't worry I'll just ignore you."

Comprehension not his strong point.

(Does "just ignore you" mean I am now technically not doing so ?)

Damn !!!!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 12:08 AM

Wow! Bruv, 5 whole sentences? Impressive.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 07:25 AM

Hi

You can just print money, that is perfectly correct.

It is not without problems however.

Those who have lent us money do not want to repaid in currency which has lost value.

They put up the Interest Rates we pay on it and avoid lending us more.

We import vast amounts of basics, like oil and gas and electricity, all paid for in foreign currency, so the cost of those goes up.

We cannot feed ourselves and some of our staples cannot be grown here, tea and coffee for example, so prices go up.

If printing money was so easy, everyone would do it.

There are reasons why they don't.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I was around in the Fifties and I never saw beggars or homeless people sleeping on the streets then.
It would be useful if you could produce some statistics on that!

I remember plenty of beggars, sleeping on the street, in those days.

But whether there were more or less I'll have to wait for your numbers.

It, probably, is a fact that Begging was not a "profession", in those days.

By the mid fifties people were beginning to notice that beggars were not all there because of the rebuilding of jobs and housing after the war. The druggies and winos were getting involved.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
It would be useful if you could produce some statistics on that!

I remember plenty of beggars, sleeping on the street, in those days.

But whether there were more or less I'll have to wait for your numbers.

It, probably, is a fact that Begging was not a "profession", in those days.

By the mid fifties people were beginning to notice that beggars were not all there because of the rebuilding of jobs and housing after the war. The druggies and winos were getting involved.
Why do I need to find statistics? I am stating my experience and I repeat I never saw beggars or homeless sleeping in the streets in the 1950s.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 07:45 PM

They were there alright, in fact while ever man has been around we've had beggars. Just because you didn't see them doesn't mean it isn't so. There may not have been so many because families tended to look after their own in those days but there were still beggars. The late forties early fifties was a time of extreme austerity for most people. Perhaps you had it differently.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 08:56 PM

Perhaps you assume wrong.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top