Join for free
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 02:49 PM

How to connect my S8 to a MacBook

I'm having trouble with this. There are a couple of programs one of which is Samsung switch, the other a generic one but each time it says "connect phone" it won't detect that my phone is already connected (USB-C to USB-C)

I really only want to put some music (about 70GBs onto the phone) so I can have all my own music on there.

I do use Google Play Music too, and from there I can download any album or playlist I own...but downloading 70GB would take days.

Can anyone suggest an alternative? It seems my MacBook just won't recognise that the phone is attached to it.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 05:05 PM

Re: How to connect my S8 to a MacBook

What type of phone and operating system is it? If it's Android, try this.

https://www.android.com/filetransfer/
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 05:42 PM

Re: How to connect my S8 to a MacBook

It's android - I tried that one and it wouldn't recognise the phone.

I think I"m just going to download individual albums and playlists from Play Music (I'm a subscriber) on to my phone.

The MacBook has no issues with an iPhone, no surprise there really.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top