Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 06:05 AM

Re: Hairdressers

Originally Posted by Val J ->
My new IV is over 46 hours, how I shall sleep with a pump attached to me is anybody’s guess!
When doe you chemo begin, Val? I really wish you the best through the process.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, l don’t understand you getting someone else to do your hair when you trained as a hairdresser?

I also trained as a hairdresser before l went on to do other things but l still cut my own hair and colour it.
I wouldn’t trust a hairdresser, they cut your hair too short and in the way they want it, not the way you want it!!
I agree with that Artangel although I could never cut my own hair. The hairdresser I go to is the owner of the salon and she gives me a good cut, and yes her rate is £4 for Seniors. The other hairdressers in her salon do all the other things like perms, colours etc. and by appointment. I only like the owner to cut my hair as she seems to do it the way I want it. I've been elsewhere occasionally and paid much more and still not been satisfied with the result.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
When doe you chemo begin, Val? I really wish you the best through the process.
Thank you Surfermom. My chemo started almost two weeks ago, my second cycle starts Monday. It was difficult sleeping with the pump attached, it’s knowing where to put it to be comfortable. It goes in a little bag which last time I fastened round my waist, I may try it under my pillow this time. So far the chemo is not making me feel too ill. I’ve not lost much hair either so far so fingers crossed!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 03:58 AM

Another day closer, Val. I know it's an act of determination to get through this and I wish you plenty of sleep...and hair .

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top