Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 05:12 PM

Time to harden up.

Hi

We have made a complete mess of Brexit.

The advantages gone, and now beholden to others.

This is not what I voted for and it was entirely avoidable.

The one thing that I cannot stomach is the way Ireland is behaving.

That cannot be allowed to hold us to Ransom.

I am not having the tail wagging the dog.

there needs to be a clear message sent to them.

Back off or else.

The or else is Hard Border Controls on the Border.

Every lorry of Irish Produce will be subject to strict Border Controls and payment of Tariffs.

You will not be allowed to drive your lorries across the UK without paying Tariffs.

The free movement area will stop, you can get stuffed and just suck it up.

That will destroy your Economy, your Citizens will need a Passport to come here.

Your major exports to the EU are agricultural, you will have massive Tariffs to drive them across the UK.

You will have massive Tariffs to import them to the UK.

We will impose Non Tariff Quotas on you.

We will abolish the Personal Taxation agreement and that will destroy the livelihoods of your Citizens living here.

We can afford to do that and still make a vast profit on the deal.

Time to get real and explain the realities of life to them.

Ireland is threatening us with No Deal, they need to learn the lesson.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 05:23 PM

Re: Time to harden up.

I agree with that...
didn't we bale there banks out with a few million?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
I agree with that...
didn't we bale there banks out with a few million?
Yes we did, when they were struggling and handing out the begging bowl.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 06:01 PM

Swimfeeders, what would you like Ireland to accept and agree to? What do you think they should be happy with?

It’s not only Ireland that has issues though over the border is it? It’s the EU and from what the Times is reporting today it seems that Theresa May has substantially upped her offer to the EU again but is keeping it secret.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 06:10 PM

I agree with you tbf.

The Border situation can ONLY be finalised AFTER our post Brexit relationship has been defined and agreed.

The Irish are trying to use Brexit to further other agendas......and the EU is backing them to create problems.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tartlet ->
Swimfeeders, what would you like Ireland to accept and agree to? What do you think they should be happy with?

It’s not only Ireland that has issues though over the border is it? It’s the EU and from what the Times is reporting today it seems that Theresa May has substantially upped her offer to the EU again but is keeping it secret.
Hi

We are going to be a Third Country when we leave, no favours given by the EU at all.

That being the case, the Ireland, Northern Ireland Border is no concern of the EU at all.

The EU does not specify conditions on any other Border.

As a Third Country it is up to the UK to decide what is and what is not acceptable to the UK a Sovereign Country.

The EU cannot have it both ways.

We are being blackmailed by Ireland, agree to their demands, or no deal.

Fine by me.

Whilst the EU holds the Upper Hand in negotiations on any Trade Deal, Ireland does not.

They will suffer far more than we do, time to play hardball.

I could not give two hoots what Ireland wants, they will get what we give them, as one Sovereign Nation to another.

That means Registration of all Irish Citizens here, no more free movement, Passport Controls, the revocation of all Tax Agreements and Non Tariff Quotas on all Irish Produce sold here in the UK.

That will absolutely devastate the Irish Economy.

Two can play hardball, time that they learnt that simple fact.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 09:41 PM

Doesn’t it concern you at all that without some type of hard border, EU citizens will be able to enter the U.K. freely via Ireland?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-11-2017, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tartlet ->
Doesn’t it concern you at all that without some type of hard border, EU citizens will be able to enter the U.K. freely via Ireland?

Hi

Hardball means simply that.

Border Controls for any Non British Citizen.

That includes any Irish Citizen, Passport and Visa.

Any Irish vehicle entering the UK will be subject to full checks.

That means Tariffs and Non Tariff Quotas.

They will have to ship their agricultural produce direct to the EU, any passing through the UK will mean paying Tariffs.

That is going to hurt them far more than it hurts the UK.

I will not be threatened by the EU or the Irish.

They are playing hardball, we can do the same.

That means customs posts at every crossing between Ireland and Northern Ireland.

If that is what they want, so be it.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 01:47 AM

I agree with every single word you say there Swim.
Right from your original post to your further posts down the line.
Swimfeeders for Prime Minister I say.
Swimfeeders for Prime Minister!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 02:29 AM

Well said Swims .
I have always believed that the Republic of Ireland should have to have passports anyway to come to the UK.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top