Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Canadian (sorry)
New Member!
Ontario, Canada
Canadian (sorry) is male 

03-12-2017, 04:15 AM

So bad they're good SciFi movies?

I have a weakness for SciFi movies that are bad enough that they are entertaining to watch (example: Killer Klowns from Outer Space). Any recommendations of ones I might find on Netflix, YouTube, etc.?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 10:22 PM

Re: So bad they're good SciFi movies?

“The Man who changed his mind” 1936 is a nice little film on youtube that you might enjoy Canadian, maybe a bit too old for your liking but the print is remastered and easy to watch. i liked it, but then I was always a great fan of Boris Karloff. A good story and I wonder why it was never remade, some of the crap they’re churning out now is terrible, they are really hard up for new ideas.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 11:36 PM

Plan 9 From Outer Space - voted one of the worst movies of all time. Bela Lugosi who starring, died halfway through the making of it and he was replaced by an `actor` who perpetually covered his face with a cape, Dracula style.

Bloody awful.

If feel like wasting about an hour of what's left of your life, here it is.

Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 01:21 AM

The Day The Earth Stood Still is still a classic today
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 10:30 AM

Any of he original Flash Gordon movies, spaceships on string.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 10:37 AM

The legend of the roller blade 7 I think that was its name, marvellously bad they kept at one point skating round the same rock I swear it was exactly the same path time and again.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 10:50 AM

Battelfield Earth, John Travolta a true bottom feeder of a movie.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 10:51 AM

I love travolta but you are right about that film nom
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 04:04 PM

I still love all the old fifties Sci-Fi films but I can't bear the cheap rubbish they show on the Sci-Fi channel. they are so bad that they are not worth watching. God knows where they get all the crap actors from.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Plan 9 From Outer Space - voted one of the worst movies of all time. Bela Lugosi who starring, died halfway through the making of it and he was replaced by an `actor` who perpetually covered his face with a cape, Dracula style.

Bloody awful.

If feel like wasting about an hour of what's left of your life, here it is.

Funny enough Judd I was just thinking about that film, Ed Wood a real weirdo himself, I believe he made that film in five days, Orson Welles once jokingly said of him “He is the only man on earth who could make a movie for less than you paid in to see a movie”

Here’s a few quotes from when he was making the film, I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall.

Edward D. Wood, Jr.: We don't have a permit. Run!

Edward D. Wood, Jr.: You know, you're, you're much scarier in real life than you are in the movie.
Bela Lugosi: Thank you.

Kathy O'Hara: Eddie's the only fella in town who doesn't pass judgment on people.
Edward D. Wood, Jr.: That's right. If I did, I wouldn't have any friends.

Edward D. Wood, Jr.: Bela, what's in the needle?
Bela Lugosi: Morphine. With a demerol chaser.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top