Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 06:25 AM

An important day

Hi

Off Mrs May goes today meeting Juncker.

A weakened PM, representing a very divided Country.

Her own Party is split, conflicting demands and threats of rebellion from the Ultra Right Wingers and the DUP.

No ECJ is one of the demands, yet other Countries accept it as arbiter, for Euratom and Air Safety, it is just common sense, keeps things working at minimal cost.

The Divorce Bill, what we owe, can go to International Arbitration, no advantage to either side.

We can offer EU Citizens the same rights as they get in France, impossible to argue against.

The big sticking point will be Ireland, which to my mind, is naff all to do with the EU.

We hold all the cards in this one and it is my view that we should play them, if Ireland wants to play hardball, they will lose.

Back to a completely divided Ireland and the destruction of the Irish Economy.

No more free travel area, passports,

We will not get favours in any Trade Deal with the EU even if we do capitulate about Ireland.

The best we can hope for is a Canadian Deal, which will be to the advantage of the EU, not to the UK.

Services, our biggest export, will be lost, they are not covered.

I wish her well, for our sakes.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 07:33 AM

Re: An important day

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Off Mrs May goes today meeting Juncker.

A weakened PM, representing a very divided Country.

Her own Party is split, conflicting demands and threats of rebellion from the Ultra Right Wingers and the DUP.

No ECJ is one of the demands, yet other Countries accept it as arbiter, for Euratom and Air Safety, it is just common sense, keeps things working at minimal cost.

The Divorce Bill, what we owe, can go to International Arbitration, no advantage to either side.

We can offer EU Citizens the same rights as they get in France, impossible to argue against.

The big sticking point will be Ireland, which to my mind, is naff all to do with the EU.

We hold all the cards in this one and it is my view that we should play them, if Ireland wants to play hardball, they will lose.

Back to a completely divided Ireland and the destruction of the Irish Economy.

No more free travel area, passports,

We will not get favours in any Trade Deal with the EU even if we do capitulate about Ireland.

The best we can hope for is a Canadian Deal, which will be to the advantage of the EU, not to the UK.

Services, our biggest export, will be lost, they are not covered.

I wish her well, for our sakes.
It will be Alright on the Night.

The only thing we've done wrong is underestimate the resolve of the EU to stick to their principles......although the Greeks did warn us.

EU citizens......same rights as UK citizens.

Ireland........No border posts but passport control to cross the Irish Sea and compliance for agriculture.

Divorce Bill....... Spread over 30 years or so

Trade Deal.......tba !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 05:37 PM

Hi

Apparently no deal has been reached.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 05:45 PM

I miss read the title I'm happy the word was actually important not what I miss read

Anyway IMO it's time all parties came together to sort this out I'm fed up with it all labour tories all parties round the table get this weak party idea knocked on the head show we are all in it and agreed.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 05:47 PM

The wheels on the bus go round and round.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
The wheels on the bus go round and round.
At least the Window Licker is happy !!
Moscow
Scotland

04-12-2017, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I miss read the title I'm happy the word was actually important not what I miss read

Anyway IMO it's time all parties came together to sort this out I'm fed up with it all labour tories all parties round the table get this weak party idea knocked on the head show we are all in it and agreed.
Maybe it was an 'Impotent' day after all.

No worries.....I'm sure another 'Important Day' will be with us before long and the EU can once again demonstrate that we were so right to gtf out of that insidious organisation...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

No you didn't misread, it was a typo.

You will never have the above because Parliament is just as divided as the electorate.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top