Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 10:55 PM

Re: A Birmingham Childhood Remembered

Its this one I always have the beef with mushroom & noodles and banana fritters after lol
Terencefw.GC1
walsall. uk
Terencefw.GC1 is male  Terencefw.GC1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2012, 04:44 PM

Hi cassie, it looks a very tempting place, but the I thought it was is quite a large restaurant. - I love the buffet chinese set up so I would proberbly like the one you've been to!
I don't experiment much with food - so a visit to a formal chinese or indian restaurnt leaves me in feer of something I might not like
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 11:05 PM

The Dalek in Lewis's circa 1968 put the wind up me, mother was oblivious.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 09:13 AM

The old Snow Hill Station, steam trains, The 6pm to Paddington on a Sunday night going back to army base, non stop train. Chestnut man outside.74 bus to Dudley and you paid to the boundary at West Brom then had to pay again.
New st Station wher you could walk over from new st across the bridge with the Trains below, all steam in those days .
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2016, 06:03 AM

That bought back happy memories thanks, I too was born in Brum and used to go to Lewis, roof top café, and the Father Xmas grotto, and often went on the Outer Circle Bus( 11 ) just for a ride round the City, my mother used to work at Kunzle Cakes near five ways remember them ? I also used to be a train spotter and went to New St station armed with my Ian Allen train spotter book to tick off a few more, I wonder if kids ? nah ! also the wet fish shops which have all but disappeared these days, my mother used to send me with a little note to be handed to the bloke that served you which read " Mum says 1lb of whale meat please and if possible, can we have the head for the Cat ! and I always wondered what they were laffin at ?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2016, 07:29 AM

Used to go to the Silver Blades, Wurlitzer banging out Nilsson, and Saturdays, playing hide and seek in the Museum.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top